Just normal American Utopia...

10 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

You forgot one or two of these  :sarcasm:sarcasm

Sarcasm? I don't know what you're talking about. Modern Republicans are sensible students of history, they don't scapegoat people who don't look like them or speak their language at all. No sir. There are no similarities between them and multiple historical examples of toxic right wing politics at all.

Anybody who has a few firing neurons in their brain can see that our current state of Right Wing politics are healthy in America and the people in charge of the Republican Party would be courageous enough to stand up and call out any danger they see coming. If and when Republicans do stand up to this danger, they no doubt would be treated heroically within their party for doing what's right. Their voters are smart people, they wouldn't cast aside lifelong members of the party and turn on them on a dime. Not at all. Even if that person was a previous Presidential Candidate.

Their politics aren't at all anger or fear based; they offer policy solutions to every day problems Americans face. It's why their candidates for office are moderate and why their voters rally behind calm, intelligent voices of reason. 

31 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just looked it up, and while both Kubrick and Sellars say Kissinger was not the model for Strangelove, they appreciated the similarities after the fact. The more likely prototype was rocket scientist Werner von Braun, who developed the V-2 bomb for Hitler before emigrating to the U.S., to be "our guy" although he never really abandoned his Nazi sensibilities. 

"Mein Furher! I can walk!"

Hilarious scene. Although I will always say that General Buck Turgidson as surprisingly accurate depiction of General Curtis "Bombs Away" LeMay is the real star of that movie.

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Sarcasm? I don't know what you're talking about. Modern Republicans are sensible students of history, they don't scapegoat people who don't look like them or speak their language at all. No sir. There are no similarities between them and multiple historical examples of toxic right wing politics at all.

Anybody who has a few firing neurons in their brain can see that our current state of Right Wing politics are healthy in America and the people in charge of the Republican Party would be courageous enough to stand up and call out any danger they see coming. If and when Republicans do stand up to this danger, they no doubt would be treated heroically within their party for doing what's right. Their voters are smart people, they wouldn't cast aside lifelong members of the party and turn on them on a dime. Not at all. Even if that person was a previous Presidential Candidate.

Their politics aren't at all anger or fear based; they offer policy solutions to every day problems Americans face. It's why their candidates for office are moderate and why their voters rally behind calm, intelligent voices of reason. 

Hilarious scene. Although I will always say that General Buck Turgidson as surprisingly accurate depiction of General Curtis "Bombs Away" LeMay is the real star of that movie.

Oh George C. Scott stole the movie, even from Sellers. Sterling Heyden was brilliant, too. 

Nebraska trivia: my pediatrician in Lincoln was Curtis LeMay's son-in-law. 

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

The discussion was recently in the Russia thread, but here seems better @BigRedBuster

Combine overspending on military with this and there would have been plenty of money to go around without raising taxes.  Unfortunately the children on both sides of the isle never saw a $1 they didn’t like to overspend on over the past 50 years.  it’s why the national debt does matter regardless of what others think.   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/10/20/interest-debt-payment-treasury/

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

the documents were already revealed during the maxwell trial.    some names were redacted.   victims and housemaids and others.    all the names are going to be revealed now.    i remember         prince andrew, donald trump, bill clinton.......and many others being revealed back then.

4 minutes ago, commando said:

the documents were already revealed during the maxwell trial.    some names were redacted.   victims and housemaids and others.    all the names are going to be revealed now.    i remember         prince andrew, donald trump, bill clinton.......and many others being revealed back then.

100% chance Bill Clinton is there right now!  Haha and he will get away with it.  

• TBH 1