What will the game result be?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Kansas State single digit win
    • Kansas State double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2021 at 11:04 PM

I am usually pretty optimistic about Husker Hoops, but after the last two games I'm finding it hard to see anything positive for the rest of the season. 

I'm pretty close to the point where you stop playing players that definitely won't be back (Verge, Mayen, Webster) and let the players that should be returning take their lumps but get experience.

Maybe things change when Trey gets back, but who knows.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

I am usually pretty optimistic about Husker Hoops, but after the last two games I'm finding it hard to see anything positive for the rest of the season. 

I'm pretty close to the point where you stop playing players that definitely won't be back (Verge, Mayen, Webster) and let the players that should be returning take their lumps but get experience.

Maybe things change when Trey gets back, but who knows.

This team is missing something:  a team.  
Hard to understand and in fairness to Fred, I can’t really give a good eval without watching them play up close in person.  I haven’t - I have not.  But it seems like mostly sling 3s and hope we make more than the opponent with some defense mixed in every other possession.  Rebounds are a second thought. 

free throw shooting better, lately, but not setting records for a squad full of reputed pure shooters.  

I am sure Fred is disgusted but the coaches have the know how.  Players?  Highly rated but it seems like these ratings services know very little.   Football not any better either.  

There is no substitute for in person, do - it - yourself scouting.  Hard work but that’s how success is done. 

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

This team is missing something:  a team.  
Hard to understand and in fairness to Fred, I can’t really give a good eval without watching them play up close in person.  I haven’t - I have not.  But it seems like mostly sling 3s and hope we make more than the opponent with some defense mixed in every other possession.  Rebounds are a second thought. 

free throw shooting better, lately, but not setting records for a squad full of reputed pure shooters.  

I am sure Fred is disgusted but the coaches have the know how.  Players?  Highly rated but it seems like these ratings services know very little.   Football not any better either.  

There is no substitute for in person, do - it - yourself scouting.  Hard work but that’s how success is done. 

One thing that would help them be "a team" is a point guard who actually wants to get the rest of the team involved.  I think part of the problem with their 3-point shooting is that Verge uses the pick & roll to go one on one so often that the perimeter players get stagnant and aren't ready to shoot when they actually get a pass.  They also don't reposition when their player collapses to the lane because they seem to know that Verge is unlikely to get the ball to them.  I know I'm throwing Verge under the bus for a lot of their issues, but it all starts with the guy with the ball in his hands all the time.