B1G Printing Money

Mavric

15 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

I guess that's cool? But I don't understand how it helps out the average fan are they going to reduce concessions and ticket prices? is the TV subscription that I buy going to be cheaper? is any of this at all going to affect me or just a few people at the top?

Hopefully it affects you by being a happy Nebraska fan after that money buys us some top 10 classes that can win.  

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why does it need to be about you?

Well as a loyal fan for 36 years I feel that my loyalty should buy me some relief when I go to the games. I feel that the fan goer who does not have a contract that guarantees them 1.1B a year would benefit greatly by reduced ticket prices and concessions and make the whole experience better. I am not worried about UNL's bank account so much as I am mine. I would love to be a season ticket holder and support the team and university as much as possible but I do not want to break the bank doing it. A drop of 10-20 dollars on ticket prices would not effect the university in a negitive way as much as it would effect the fan in a positive way. 

Why does it all need to be about the university ?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, RichardHangslow said:

Well as a loyal fan for 36 years I feel that my loyalty should buy me some relief when I go to the games. I feel that the fan goer who does not have a contract that guarantees them 1.1B a year would benefit greatly by reduced ticket prices and concessions and make the whole experience better. I am not worried about UNL's bank account so much as I am mine. I would love to be a season ticket holder and support the team and university as much as possible but I do not want to break the bank doing it. A drop of 10-20 dollars on ticket prices would not effect the university in a negitive way as much as it would effect the fan in a positive way. 

You got me. For a second there I thought you were serious. :D

• Haha 1

So, like has been mentioned.  It would be easier for the program to upgrade the stadium, which would greatly affect you.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You got me. For a second there I thought you were serious. :D

Yeah I mistook you for someone serious as well, but it turns out you don't have any answers other than it is good for the program. Thanks I couldn't have figured out that the university getting a slice of a 1.1B dollar pie would be a good thing. Thanks for clearing that up. 

• Plus1 1

In what way? it is too expensive to go to games as it is. Do you think that ticket prices are going to go up or down?

Ticket prices aren't going to go down no matter what the TV deal is.  Good thing we have sucked for people who want cheap tickets.  Can get them outside the stadium way below face value.

But, the experience inside the stadium can be greatly improved.

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ticket prices aren't going to go down no matter what the TV deal is.  Good thing we have sucked for people who want cheap tickets.  Can get them outside the stadium way below face value.

But, the experience inside the stadium can be greatly improved.

So I am supposed to hope that the team sucks so I can wait outside the stadium in hopes to get a cheaper ticket to go and watch a bad football team so I can later tell my friends that the experience inside the stadium was greatly improved? 

Why can't they just lower the cost to go to games? They will make it up in the NIL deals or the tv contract deals or some way. I can guarantee you that lower the cost for the fans to go to games will not get the light shut off at Memorial Stadium. 

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's unrealistic, which you know. But continue complaining in the face of good news if you like. 

How is it unrealistic? Explain to me how it is unrealistic to lower the cost of going to games. So it is complaining to ask a question about lowering the cost to go to games?   I am not complaining I am asking since the B1G has got such great fortune why not pass it along to the fans. You know the fans that packed Memorial stadium since 62' 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

How is it unrealistic? Explain to me how it is unrealistic to lower the cost of going to games. So it is complaining to ask a question about lowering the cost to go to games?   I am not complaining I am asking since the B1G has got such great fortune why not pass it along to the fans. You know the fans that packed Memorial stadium since 62' 

The Athletic Department budget doesn't allow them to reduce ticket prices, or concession prices. Especially after they just played a season with zero ticket/concession revenue and laid off staff. They're going to be recovering from that revenue hit for years. 

• Haha 1