B1G Printing Money

Mavric

22 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Well you seem completely incapable of recognizing that more money helps the team have a better chance at being good, which gives you something of value, so yeah, if you want to whine and moan about a business doing what's good for the business, you should hope the team sucks. At least that way your high horse will stay strong and high.

I mean I would love for you to tell me or show me how throwing more money at the situation has helped Nebraska post Tom Osborne.  Tom made like 160K a year and took us to and won us National championships and Frost at 7 mill a year initially has won what's he at now 5 games?  Now it will be interesting to see if Frost has more success with his pay cut and new staff.

What high horse am I on? explain that. 

I do not think that it is unreasonable for a billion dollar company to pass on some savings to the consumer that keeps them afloat. I mean, if I go to a game with 5 bucks in my hard and a runza is 3 dollars and a pepsi is 3 dollars that means I am going home with 2 bucks. But if a Runza is 2.50 and a pepsi is 2.50 that means the university can potentially take  my whole 5 dollars instead of just 3. So I do not understand how lowering the price to attend a game is a bad thing. IF lower the price can lead to people spending more money or saving money. But I would need a big brain like Lorewarn to explain to me "about a business doing what's good for business" cuz I'm nota smmart maan. (Forest Gump voice)

as far as high horse goes you seem to think your opinion on the matter is pretty valuable. In my opinion though you used a lot of words and said nothing. 

22 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Dude, don't know what to tell you.  The ticket revenue goes into the pot to hopefully some day put a much better product on the field. I'm assuming from this, you would rather have a winning program than cheaper tickets if you had to choose.   I agree.  

Of coarse I want a winning program however I do not think that the university needs to raise the cost of going to a game in order to achieve that,   UNL has many many many revenue streams and I can garentee you that ticket sales and game day revenue while being a big single day money maker is not what the university is banking on to keep the lights on at memorial stadium.  I am not asking for much but maybe a $10 reduction on ticket prices and .50 to a 1 reduction on concessions. And again I believe that lower the cost of going to a game can lead to even more money being made by the university. 

There has been some discussion over the last year or so about having some of the worst seats not require a donation.  That would greatly reduce your cost of the season tickets.  (they may already be doing some of this).  That's the best you're going to get.

That would be great

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

I know there is this weird idea that cutting sports is horrible but first off, no one cares about lame sports and also, soooooo many parents would be f#&%ing thrilled to not have to come up with an excuse to not have to watch their f#&%ing kid do rifling...

There are more people that like "lame sports" than you think.  Trust me, if it worked that way to get rid of "lame" stuff, Luke "Gomer Pyle" Bryan would be off the radio and I wouldn't have to listen to his awful voice and terrible music again.

1 hour ago, RichardHangslow said:

I do not think that it is unreasonable for a billion dollar company to pass on some savings to the consumer that keeps them afloat.

Look at what Rob Manfred and the MLB owners are doing.  IMO it's naïveté to think a business cares much about the consumer and altruism in general.  It's about maximizing revenue and not being concerned about running over anyone that gets in the way.

12 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Look at what Rob Manfred and the MLB owners are doing.  IMO it's naïveté to think a business cares much about the consumer and altruism in general.  It's about maximizing revenue and not being concerned about running over anyone that gets in the way.

I would agree with that but you are talking about a college town, a city that has 283k people in it. This is not LA, and the people willing to travel in to Lincoln are not coming in big numbers like they used to. It is just easier and cheaper to stay home.  As someone before me mentioned they were giving away tickets last season 2 for 1. Now I don't think that it is uncorrectable we all know our fan base is hungry so we string together some wins and it will put butts in the seats again but it is not sustainable to keep raising the price and expect fans to to continue to shell out money the way they have in the past. 

19 hours ago, admo said:

Well what if it was your neighbor's daughter rifling??

jiggling-ass-shooting.gif

It's not the same as the bowling team, but people really only care about winning. 

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fa633be90-fa4c-4616-b80f-ec8d4477e91d_5111x3407.jpeg

Given this specific choice, I’m definitely opting to watch rifling. Don’t care if she wins or not :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

I would agree with that but you are talking about a college town, a city that has 283k people in it. This is not LA, and the people willing to travel in to Lincoln are not coming in big numbers like they used to. It is just easier and cheaper to stay home.  As someone before me mentioned they were giving away tickets last season 2 for 1. Now I don't think that it is uncorrectable we all know our fan base is hungry so we string together some wins and it will put butts in the seats again but it is not sustainable to keep raising the price and expect fans to to continue to shell out money the way they have in the past. 

Have you been on I-80 for a game day lately?  Plenty are still driving in to watch games.  Nebraska had to push the 2 for 1 deal for quite a few reasons but the biggest one was a vast majority of our society was still really concerned about Covid so they weren't leaving the house to go to crowded public places.

Nebraska will not lower ticket prices.    

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

But it is sustainable as long as enough people keep shelling out the money. Its going to take much more than a few games below 100% sold out for them to even think about reducing the price of anything. I get that the product hasn’t matched the loyalty or price tag for quite some time but as long as people are buying tickets and/or corporate sponsors are bailing them out on ticket sales, there just isn’t going to be a better deal offered. And that really has nothing to do with an increased share of revenue from the conference or not. It is all in the consumer’s hands.

On 2/18/2022 at 9:49 AM, RichardHangslow said:

I mean I would love for you to tell me or show me how throwing more money at the situation has helped Nebraska post Tom Osborne.  Tom made like 160K a year and took us to and won us National championships and Frost at 7 mill a year initially has won what's he at now 5 games?  Now it will be interesting to see if Frost has more success with his pay cut and new staff.

What high horse am I on? explain that. 

I do not think that it is unreasonable for a billion dollar company to pass on some savings to the consumer that keeps them afloat. I mean, if I go to a game with 5 bucks in my hard and a runza is 3 dollars and a pepsi is 3 dollars that means I am going home with 2 bucks. But if a Runza is 2.50 and a pepsi is 2.50 that means the university can potentially take  my whole 5 dollars instead of just 3. So I do not understand how lowering the price to attend a game is a bad thing. IF lower the price can lead to people spending more money or saving money. But I would need a big brain like Lorewarn to explain to me "about a business doing what's good for business" cuz I'm nota smmart maan. (Forest Gump voice)

as far as high horse goes you seem to think your opinion on the matter is pretty valuable. In my opinion though you used a lot of words and said nothing. 

Take $6 next time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1