Roe v Wade overturned????? Draft says so

Poll  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's why I take seriously the little part of the bible that so many "Christians" refuse to remember.  The little part where it's not up to us to judge others.  That's God's job.

:yeah

Sometimes I feel 'convicted' that I can be very harsh on Trump.  I know that" but for the grace of God so go I".  Yet at other times, I know we have to call out that which is hurtful &damaging - esp when he has no remorse for the things he does and says.  Ultimately I cannot judge the guy - that isn't my job to judge him to an eternal destiny but to discern and speak out against the injustice he represents. 

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep...Trump is all those things.  :D

My comment was based more on judgement towards my views on religion and how that pertains to right and wrong.  Like...abortion.  I'm not going to sit and condemn and judge a woman for having an abortion.  I feel my responsibility is to help prevent the need for them.  Not condemning the woman or doctor.

I'll give another example.  I try not to make judgement about anyone who gets a divorce based on who I think is at fault.  It's not my place and I don't know the whole story....even if I know one person cheated.  Still, I have no idea what their marriage was like.  So....how can I judge someone in that situation?

Gotcha. Makes sense 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Did you really just say "alleged abortions?"

Yes.   It’s a story of yours from decades ago that may or may not be true.  I believe you but others may not.  

Back to the question though.   You mentioned your pals have changed thought processes as they got older and quit the young casual sex scene.   Did the abortions take place within the timefram that they currently support?  Maybe their views haven’t changed on abortion, but other views have become more conservative and you just don’t like which politicians they support.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
41 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Did you really just say "alleged abortions?"

While I personally believe what you said, you did just do this to me the other day.

You were like "Oh yeah, you post something and then you always say you had a friend that did it" or something like that, which I took to mean you were assuming I was making s#!t up, which is fine, I don't mind that at all but for you to get all italicized on someone else for doing it is just a bit hypocritical,  which I am also fine with because are all hypocrites.  

I personally am sorry your friends had to make that abortion choice, while I am 100% for it in every case, I also can only imagine that the choice sucks and the aftermath must suck.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

While I personally believe what you said, you did just do this to me the other day.

You were like "Oh yeah, you post something and then you always say you had a friend that did it" or something like that, which I took to mean you were assuming I was making s#!t up, which is fine, I don't mind that at all but for you to get all italicized on someone else for doing it is just a bit hypocritical,  which I am also fine with because are all hypocrites.  

I personally am sorry your friends had to make that abortion choice, while I am 100% for it in every case, I also can only imagine that the choice sucks and the aftermath must suck.  

A reminder to not post drunk.

Can you repost this word salad tomorrow, preferably when you're sober?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes.   It’s a story of yours from decades ago that may or may not be true.  I believe you but others may not.  

Back to the question though.   You mentioned your pals have changed thought processes as they got older and quit the young casual sex scene.   Did the abortions take place within the timefram that they currently support?  Maybe their views haven’t changed on abortion, but other views have become more conservative and you just don’t like which politicians they support.  

You believe me. But other's may not. Thanks for your alleged concern. Jesus. 

I haven't talked to my friends about the old abortion days. Honestly don't know what time frame they currently support. Some might identify as conservative and Christian, but maintain a pro-choice stance that recalls their own past and own choices. So maybe some of their views on abortion haven't changed. Maybe I just don't like the politicians they support. 

But that's the point. Whether they have changed their views on abortion or not, they continue to vote for politicians who are reshaping the Supreme Court and advancing stricter state abortion laws than we once thought possible. It's easier to support these new abortion restrictions -- or shrug them off as the price of owning the libs -- if you no longer face the consequences themselves.

It's a pretty simple observation, admittedly anecdotal, and there are plenty examples of aging libs forgetting where they came from, too. 

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

A reminder to not post drunk.

Can you repost this word salad tomorrow, preferably when you're sober?

In fairness, I have occasionally accused Teach of stretching anecdotes into facts, and possibly making them up entirely.  But I'm gonna stick by it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1