Huskers Land Texas Transfer Wide Receiver Marcus Washington

Bc technically he is committing to a university to play. Transfer portal players do the same process as high school kids just they are looked at as proven or more experience that's all no major differences between both. I understand where you are coming from but transfer portal players are trying to make sure their second go around counts or mean something to them so the get recruited all over again by schools but they have even talked about it's different bc they know what they want. It's the schools that recruit them to come to their university responsibility to show them how they are going to be used in their system that they play that's all. No different

10 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

I’m grateful for his commitment and contribution, but if I see Wyatt play a meaningful snap this year I have to believe something is not right. 

Yes. You don't bring this kind of talent on board and still run the same guys out there.

I'm thinking the staff overhaul should fix this issue.

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Yes. You don't bring this kind of talent on board and still run the same guys out there.

I'm thinking the staff overhaul should fix this issue.

One common denominator before, during and after all the trials, tribulations, toil, trouble and turnover of a bunch of coaches, 150 plus players over 4 seasons without bowl games etc.   

HC Scott Frost.  95 days left to get all the new deck shuffled, sorted and organized into a Big Ten football team and win that opener in Dublin!   Gonna be a miracle certainly.   Start praying early and often!    This will be the biggest game in Frost’s life I’d guess. 

GBR!!! 

Yeah I don't believe he will have trouble making it work in 95 days I feel that it's paramount that the Northwestern game is not a feel me out game to his success but at the same time I believe Northwestern will be tough but we have way to much talent not to be ready. Micky Joseph will have his guys ready or they won't be playing at all doesn't matter if they transferred in or not.

In fairness to Joseph, he coaches one position and certainly not, imo, the most important.   Ten Jerry Rices won’t beat NW alone.  Every part of the team is very important and essential.  NW is a smart, usually well coached team.  To find those 6 or more wins, NW almost surely needs to be one.  Get off on the wrong foot and a shaky team will be in dire straits.  Losses take a mental toll.  

2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

In fairness to Joseph, he coaches one position and certainly not, imo, the most important.   Ten Jerry Rices won’t beat NW alone.  Every part of the team is very important and essential.  NW is a smart, usually well coached team.  To find those 6 or more wins, NW almost surely needs to be one.  Get off on the wrong foot and a shaky team will be in dire straits.  Losses take a mental toll.  

And I'm in total agreement with you starting off on the wrong foot. Which is the most important position to coach? Alot of people would probably say offensive line to give the QB time to throw and holes for the running back. I say they are all important to be successful not just one position group which I agree with you also. Northwestern is a solid fundamentality team just not as talented. We have been talented just not disciplined enough to win certain games. I believe they finally put it all together so SF can finally stop saying during fall camp best practice I've seen or been apart of for the start of the first game. Just saying.