Tangent Thread - Pelini Retrospective

15 hours ago, funhusker said:

Holy s#!t!  The abortion thread is about to turn into a Pelini got the shaft thread!

This is amazing!

Yes, this is the biggest thread derail I think I've ever seen on HB.  :backtotopic    What was the topic again:movegoalpost:

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

His consistency across Osborne and Eichorst sort of argues against the idea that he got fired because of lack of AD support.

Football coaches survive based off of successfully solving the equation of wins acquired and level of a$$h@!ery. Bo was too much of an a$$h@!e to balance out with the number of wins he got. It's really that simple. If he would've been closer to championship level football in year 7 than he was in year 1, his a$$h@!ery could've been accepted and balanced out.

I get what you are saying but Husker fans got stupid.

They started to say he didn't recruit when he still has more dudes in the NFL than Riley and Frost combined with two of them probably future HOFers.

They started insane rumors like the basement of a hotel during the Texas game and road rage incidents and being kicked out of his kids basketball and softball games (Remember, fans then did this with Moos and with Frost, don't forget, Frost has a secret sex pad down by Gate 25 where he f#&%s coeds)

All Bo did was win enough to make fans realize that NU could win a bit more, that is it.

Oh yeah, none of his asst coaches could coach either, which must make Bo the greatest coach ever to win 9 and 10 games each year, on his own.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

They started to say he didn't recruit when he still has more dudes in the NFL than Riley and Frost combined with two of them probably future HOFers.

They started insane rumors like the basement of a hotel during the Texas game and road rage incidents and being kicked out of his kids basketball and softball games (Remember, fans then did this with Moos and with Frost, don't forget, Frost has a secret sex pad down by Gate 25 where he f#&%s coeds)

All Bo did was win enough to make fans realize that NU could win a bit more, that is it.

Oh yeah, none of his asst coaches could coach either, which must make Bo the greatest coach ever to win 9 and 10 games each year, on his own.

This all begs a question that we don't have an answer for:  If TA was the AD over Bo, and helped him adjust his staff a bit like he did with Frost and also helped Bo with is 'anger mgmt' did Bo have the chops to get us back in the B1G CCG but also win it?  :dunno

Eichorst was probably doing the bidding of those above him but a little more patience and skill on his end was needed to work out the situation where we could have retained a 9-4 coach.  9-4 is sure a lot better than being the best 3-9 team ever.  

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This all begs a question that we don't have an answer for:  If TA was the AD over Bo, and helped him adjust his staff a bit like he did with Frost and also helped Bo with is 'anger mgmt' did Bo have the chops to get us back in the B1G CCG but also win it?  :dunno

Eichorst was probably doing the bidding of those above him but a little more patience and skill on his end was needed to work out the situation where we could have retained a 9-4 coach.  9-4 is sure a lot better than being the best 3-9 team ever.  

Interesting question.  I don't think the staff really needed to be changed all that much but I think Trev, like Moose would have done, would do a great job of controlling some media type things.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Can this discussion be taken elsewhere?

Yeah, this is thread is turning into an abortion. 

20 hours ago, teachercd said:

Moose and Bo would have been like so many other famous duos, Cleopatra and Mark Antony, Dr. Frankenstein and his monster, Beevis and Butthead.

Moose would have kept the donors happy, smiling and drunk...he would have ran "interference" for Bo and he would have had his back, he would not have been hiding in his bunker.  Bo would have thrived with a "good ole boy" type AD that he could have had real talks with...

At LSU?  Where Bo went after blaming NU for his limitations?  I should remind the board I spent all of last decade calling a 9 win coach who cannot improve "Bo Pellini territory."   Only a couple years ago I finally admitted it was the Brian Kelly Principle.  But I never expected another family was desperate enough to adopt him.  

20 hours ago, teachercd said:

To the bolded, are we just talking about their time while they were at Nebraska?  Mike Riley coached in the college ranks for several years.  I haven't looked it up, but I find it pretty hard to believe that Bo put more guys in the NFL than Riley did his entire career as a college coach.  

58 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

To the bolded, are we just talking about their time while they were at Nebraska?  Mike Riley coached in the college ranks for several years.  I haven't looked it up, but I find it pretty hard to believe that Bo put more guys in the NFL than Riley did his entire career as a college coach.  

Just at NU.