North Dakota Week Pressers

Mavric

And QB's are taught to place it at the target's face mask.  If our guys have trouble raising their arms, sliding down, slowing down, speeding up, positioning themselves or becoming physical around a DB.... then Mickey has some coaching to do.  

And has anybody ever worn these gloves?  It is so easy to catch the ball with them.  I love how sticky they are; it is such an extreme advantage. Throw it anywhere within a radius (unless you suck and can't catch the ball consistently).

(or are not mentally ready;  or not mentally in the game;  or thinking "the ball isn't coming my way" or not physical enough to position yourself.. etc, etc)

Brody Belt made plays; Kept drives going.  Casteneda, Alante and Vokolek made good with their opportunities.  

4 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Overall I think the WR played well.  The "fumble" by IGC was bull but what are you going to do?  First live reps and they all made plays.  Hopefully they all continue to improve 

The top guys played well. Liewer & martin shouldn’t be seeing the field but they are the product of bad recruiting. 

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, admo said:

I have not seen it yet.  Just throwing it out there that "nickel" for the defense has been changed to "nick", just liked "DE/OLB" has been changed to "edge".

Kolavarec had a few good plays at nick, but did whiff on one play.  And I thought Isaac Gifford played very well at nick.

I could be wrong, but I know for certain he couldn't be referencing Nick Henrich. 

Kolarevic got owned all game minus one play. He is not good enough to play linebacker or nickel. Best if he played special teams only. Gifford is much better. But even then I think we should’ve done more 4-3 against NW. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Decked said:

Kolarevic got owned all game minus one play. He is not good enough to play linebacker or nickel. Best if he played special teams only. Gifford is much better. But even then I think we should’ve done more 4-3 against NW. 

Gifford broke up a few timely passes from what I remember.  

I saw 4-2-5 predominantly.  Including two 240lb guys on the edge. Northwest was more physical because of it. Sometimes we had 3 biggins on the line, but at some point the front 6/7 looked gassed. 

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, admo said:

I saw 4-2-5 predominantly.  Including two 240lb guys on the edge. Northwest was more physical because of it. Sometimes we had 3 biggins on the line, but at some point the front 6/7 looked gassed. 

Chinander in his entire career here hasn’t figured out how to stop a big ten power run game offense minus maybe Michigan state. NW didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. Just begged Nebraska to stop it and we couldn’t. If fact, we ran two high safetys and a nickel. Don’t think we have any good interior guys. Also don’t think chinander is a good enough coach to out scheme anyone either. Think last year was the ceiling with a lot of super seniors.

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, admo said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a 4-3 with Nelson at Mike, Reimer at Will and Hausman at Sam.  Or vice versa for will and Sam.  Heinrich seems like a good dude but I think whatever his shoulder problems are limit his tackling ability and that's kinda important for a LB

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Chinander in his entire career here hasn’t figured out how to stop a big ten offense minus maybe Michigan state. NW didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. Just begged Nebraska to stop it and we couldn’t. If fact, we ran two high safetys and a nickel. Don’t think we have any good interior guys. Also don’t think chinander is a good enough coach to out scheme anyone either. Think last year was the ceiling with a lot of super seniors.

The secondary had a rough day overall but I think they will get better with more experience, there’s good coaching back there and talent to work with.

I’m a little more worried about the interior DLine since Gameday, is there a fix there other than playing better? Benning sounds very concerned that it will be a year long issue and said he thinks Chins will have to get uncomfortable and keep a safety in the box more than he’d like. Which of course will open up other issues. I’m hoping it was mostly a case of playing one of the better OLines we will face all year.

4 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a 4-3 with Nelson at Mike, Reimer at Will and Hausman at Sam.  Or vice versa for will and Sam.  Heinrich seems like a good dude but I think whatever his shoulder problems are limit his tackling ability and that's kinda important for a LB

Yes!  Nelson is talented, physical and would be an amazing middle linebacker.  I'd be fine with Reimer and Henrich next to him as a traditional 4-3.....  Or include Tannor outside and roll with a 3-4.  Forget about running on us for sure.  I knew it's just a wish, but it would be great to have 3 physical LBs on the field (Cam Jurgens would have been a great ILB too).  

• Plus1 1