S Caden VerMaas [Nebraska Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

7 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will VerMaas commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa State
    • Kansas State

This poll is closed to new votes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I think, back in the 80s when I was in HS, we only had 7 periods.  4 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon.  One of those usually was a study hall.

We had 8 when I was in high school, but it was a block plan; alternating 4 classes each day

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, broganreynik said:

Do kids not usually take 8 classes anymore?

7-8 is pretty standard. But they aren’t always all required to graduate. So he may have rearranged so he can get all his requirements done a semester early. 

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

7-8 is pretty standard. But they aren’t always all required to graduate. So he may have rearranged so he can get all his requirements done a semester early. 

Are 7-8 classes standard or 7-8 periods? It's been a long time but I remember taking 5-6 classes at a time with the other periods being study halls or lunch.

53 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Are 7-8 classes standard or 7-8 periods? It's been a long time but I remember taking 5-6 classes at a time with the other periods being study halls or lunch.

Yeah, 7-8 periods is probably more precise. Although lunch isn’t a period. 

3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Our students all take 8 classes plus a study hall at the end of the day. Our seniors usually take 4 classes and then have the afternoons to do college classes, an internship, or work.