Michigan Week Pressers

Mavric

23 minutes ago, r06ue1 said:

Michigan is a run first team, granted, not crazy like we used to be in the 80's and 90's, but more runs than passes. Somehow they are unbeaten. Not impossible to run the ball in college, but you do have to build your team around it.

Looks pretty close to 50/50 to me, and with 5+ wins of 25+ points, I'd bet they've done their fair share of clock burning. They aren't run first at all, they are balanced.  Successful balanced offensive attacks win a lot of games.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Eh ... that's not even really a thing.  Georgia averaged 3.5 ypc against Tennessee, aided by some long runs.  So apparently Georgia can't really run the ball. Ohio State averaged 2.2 ypc against Iowa.  So apparently Ohio State can't really run the ball.  Alabama averaged 1.1 ypc against Mississippi State.  So apparently Alabama can't really run the ball.  

Nobody can just line up and run the ball any time they want to.  It has to be part of the entire offensive scheme.

Eh... That's my point.  None of those teams would be where they are without balance.    I wasn't suggesting that Nebraska, or any other team for that matter, can run the ball consistently when the other team knows it's coming.  I'll agree my post above didn't get my point across very well.

Bottom line - What MJ is suggesting isn't going to work with our lack of a passing game to keep the defense honest.  Hope I'm wrong. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

Eh... That's my point.  None of those teams would be where they are without balance.    I wasn't suggesting that Nebraska, or any other team for that matter, can run the ball consistently when the other team knows it's coming.  I'll agree my post above didn't get my point across very well.

Bottom line - What MJ is suggesting isn't going to work with our lack of a passing game to keep the defense honest.  Hope I'm wrong. 

The good news is. Whip doesn’t seem to care what Mickey wants, so we should be good watching Smothers channel his inner Payton Manning. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

19 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

That's literally what you said:

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Gosh...I'm really hoping they roll Smothers out there, if it's Purdy we might be looking at 2018 all over again.  Heck, either way that's probably the case.   Any chance we can move this game up to 11am so I can get on with my day?

Clubber Lang GIFs | Tenor

Ugh..  with this game being in my backyard I want to go, but I just don't want to waste my money on a ticket for misery. 2018 sucked ballz, mostly because the Michigan fans around us just felt sorry for us.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

Ugh..  with this game being in my backyard I want to go, but I just don't want to waste my money on a ticket for misery. 2018 sucked ballz, mostly because the Michigan fans around us just felt sorry for us.

Oof, yeah I hear you.  Definitely a tough call.  You're an animal if you end up going to the game amigo!

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Oof, yeah I hear you.  Definitely a tough call.  You're an animal if you end up going to the game amigo!

It's been an amazing last 3 weeks for weather here (I thought I was living in Florida in December), but I think it's finally supposed to get real again Saturday with high temps in the low 40s. I think that's pretty much made up my mind...

• Plus1 1