WR Isaiah McMorris

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

32 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will McMorris commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Husker816 said:

Program is bleeding talent from thus state. Thanks Frost for ruining it.

Frost didn't ruin it, he just didn't solve it as his tenure went on. Can't expect to sign every highly sought recruit, but hopefully we can snag enough each year. Bigger factor is getting back into our regional hotbeds (KC, St. Louis, the Dakotas, and Denver).

26 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Frost didn't ruin it, he just didn't solve it as his tenure went on. Can't expect to sign every highly sought recruit, but hopefully we can snag enough each year. Bigger factor is getting back into our regional hotbeds (KC, St. Louis, the Dakotas, and Denver).

Bulls#!t 

1 hour ago, Husker816 said:

Bulls#!t 

You must not have followed in state recruiting the past decade or longer.... Misses in recruiting go back for quite awhile including: Phillips (Stanford), Ott (Iowa), Bazata (Iowa), Johnson Brothers (Iowa, SDSU, Wyoming), Bryson Williams (Wisconsin), Watts (Notre Dame), Dickerson (Oregon), Woods (Wyoming), Helms (Oklahoma), Riley-Ducker (Auburn), & Jackson (Oregon). Add Danny Woodhead (Chadron State), the Praters out of Central, Trevor Robinson (Notre Dame) along with Easton Stick (NDSU) and Flores (Oklahoma State) and we've "missed" on some big name recruits for awhile. We signed a good chunk and missed on others across our past four coaches... just how it goes. 

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Certainly this.  It’s great to get any four star talent in state to sign, but I agree that KC and STL present much bigger opportunities that the program hasn’t had too much success in outside of a few players here or there.  

• TBH 2
10 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

You must not have followed in state recruiting the past decade or longer.... Misses in recruiting go back for quite awhile including: Phillips (Stanford), Ott (Iowa), Bazata (Iowa), Johnson Brothers (Iowa, SDSU, Wyoming), Bryson Williams (Wisconsin), Watts (Notre Dame), Dickerson (Oregon), Woods (Wyoming), Helms (Oklahoma), Riley-Ducker (Auburn), & Jackson (Oregon). Add Danny Woodhead (Chadron State), the Praters out of Central, Trevor Robinson (Notre Dame) along with Easton Stick (NDSU) and Flores (Oklahoma State) and we've "missed" on some big name recruits for awhile. We signed a good chunk and missed on others across our past four coaches... just how it goes. 

There’s a large difference in a miss versus half of the guys listed that flat out no matter who coached here were not staying. Which is about half. Not sure you can call Flores yet a miss either.  Bryson Williams, Watts, and several names listed haven’t done a whole lot either. And only one of the Johnson brothers was productive at that level. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
22 minutes ago, Decked said:

There’s a large difference in a miss versus half of the guys listed that flat out no matter who coached here were not staying. Which is about half. Not sure you can call Flores yet a miss either.  Bryson Williams, Watts, and several names listed haven’t done a whole lot either. And only one of the Johnson brothers was productive at that level. 

I agree, many of the names listed didn't or haven't proven to be misses. However, I'm not convinced McMorris deciding on a different school is a miss either (yet). The point was that "missing" on in-state talent has been an deal for quite awhile, not specifically a Frost error. And in the case of some, they only became misses after they went to their schools and performed exceptionally well. 

3 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I agree, many of the names listed didn't or haven't proven to be misses. However, I'm not convinced McMorris deciding on a different school is a miss either (yet). The point was that "missing" on in-state talent has been a deal for quite awhile, not specifically a Frost error. And in the case of some, they only became misses after they went to their schools and performed exceptionally well. 

Things are actually starting to look a lot more positive with him than initially thought. Contradicting my previous post. USC more than likely will not offer as they have quite a bit more targets ahead. And Oklahoma maybe has filled his spot. This is one we still may not win but we are definitely trending up with. As I’ve said before the staff is playing from behind majorly with most of the in state fellas. Didn’t have a lot of time to talk to these guys as they were so focused on planning spring ball/finishing up this last class. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Things are actually starting to look a lot more positive with him than initially thought. Contradicting my previous post. USC more than likely will not offer as they have quite a bit more targets ahead. And Oklahoma maybe has filled his spot. This is one we still may not win but we are definitely trending up with. As I’ve said before the staff is playing from behind majorly with most of the in state fellas. Didn’t have a lot of time to talk to these guys as they were so focused on planning spring ball/finishing up this last class. 

Interesting turn of events. As long as the staff continues making the effort to get to know in-state and regional programs, coaches, and players, I can't fault them for not signing kids who want to go elsewhere. Hopefully we find some gems in the process and win our fair share of the recruiting battles. With the portal anymore, there's a good chance we see 30-50% enter the transfer portal at some point so not burning bridges would be good. Hopefully Isaiah finds a home for himself and finds success.

14 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Yes, we have had major issues with instate talent for quite a while.  However, there were a few years during Frost's era where we actually did pretty good.  Towards the end, it started tapering off again.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Isaiah McMorris
  • Mavric pinned this topic