HuskerBoard Predictor  

10 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Ives commit?

• Nebraska
    • Temple
    • Rutgers

This poll is closed to new votes

23 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So do I. Why would you even consider him a reach?  Bc he has no stars or bc of his offer list?  For me I don't look at those things I look at the player overall. Yes he is fast and big and will need time to develop on pass blocking and other things but the pedigree for CR success is there.  There could have been many factors as to why he isn't ranked higher or not having alot of power 5 scholarships.  As long as he stays the course and grows and doesn't get hurt he should be just fine at Nebraska and it's ok to go against the norm of having a 6'3 running back.  Just got to have great pad level to get low so your knee's don't get taken out but also great to run over smaller defenders.  It's a win win situation for Coach Rhule to have him.

I like this recruit also.  I never said he was a reach. Please do not read into my posts!

6 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Given the compete lack of public film I think the offer list is likely more indicative of how good he is than height, weight, and track times. What exactly are you looking at when looking at the player overall in this case? In assuming coaches have film that we do not, and yet the offers are what they are. 

Don't get me wrong, 6'3 (let's be real - 6'1) and blazing speed is what you reach on if you're going to take a shot on someone. But usually a guy like this is an offer right before the second signing day if there's still room. I would love it if he develops into a stud! It is fair to question the offer though. 

You could say the same thing about Brice Turner.  There are kids that fall through the football cracks and I believe he is one of them.  Maybe coaches don't know where to put him so they didn't offer him or maybe the coaches are looking at so called bigger fish and not paying attention to him and his abilities.  Maybe he didn't go to camps to show coaches what he could do and so that's why he isn't ranked higher I have no clue.  All I know is we have a 6'3 running back on the team that teams will have to prepare for if he stays the course and develop's.

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I like the Osborne way.  He recruit athletic TEs & turned them into olineman, safteys in lb, ect.  Development is a lost art.

And this is why Trev Alberts hired Coach Rhule for that very reason.  Bc CR throughout college he has proven to go out and get guys and develop them and doesn't care if it's against the norm.  What's wrong with having a 6'3 running back?  The question isn't if he can develop or not its can he have sustainable success here.

13 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

You could say the same thing about Brice Turner.  There are kids that fall through the football cracks and I believe he is one of them.  Maybe coaches don't know where to put him so they didn't offer him or maybe the coaches are looking at so called bigger fish and not paying attention to him and his abilities.  Maybe he didn't go to camps to show coaches what he could do and so that's why he isn't ranked higher I have no clue.  All I know is we have a 6'3 running back on the team that teams will have to prepare for if he stays the course and develop's.

People are saying the same thing about Brice Turner. Kids do fall through the cracks, and if Rhule identified 2 of them immediately upon being hired I will never question an offer he makes again. I really do hope they both pan out, and totally agree they have a ton of potential. Ives being 6'3 (allegedly) and playing RB isn't the issue, it's whether he can succeed actually playing against other good athletes.

Every transition class has late offers to low-rated players that are "diamonds in the rough" or what have you. Few have panned out (here's hoping Ives is one of them), and it's mostly odd to make this move now instead of late January. Go read Mason Wald's thread if you want some background on why people are skeptical of out of the blue offers.

15 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

People are saying the same thing about Brice Turner. Kids do fall through the cracks, and if Rhule identified 2 of them immediately upon being hired I will never question an offer he makes again. I really do hope they both pan out, and totally agree they have a ton of potential. Ives being 6'3 (allegedly) and playing RB isn't the issue, it's whether he can succeed actually playing against other good athletes.

Every transition class has late offers to low-rated players that are "diamonds in the rough" or what have you. Few have panned out (here's hoping Ives is one of them), and it's mostly odd to make this move now instead of late January. Go read Mason Wald's thread if you want some background on why people are skeptical of out of the blue offers.

I get it I really do but would you rather have Ives or Barnes who is ranked higher?  Ives to me plays faster. Well in order to succeed for any rb he needs a line regardless.

Kwinten Ives will surprise alot of people. Don't let the lack of "stars" fool you. He IS 6'3", and he IS fast. Our offensive line was young and relatively small this year, and Kwinten often had to all the work to break free. He is quiet and humble, and a team player. He could easily fit into any D! program a RB, WR or DBack.  I truly believe he has been overlooked by recruiters because of our school size (we graduate less around 100 per year). I am looking forward to seeing posts in the next few years about what a fantastic recruit he has become!

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 2
8 minutes ago, Pote said:

Kwinten Ives will surprise alot of people. Don't let the lack of "stars" fool you. He IS 6'3", and he IS fast. Our offensive line was young and relatively small this year, and Kwinten often had to all the work to break free. He is quiet and humble, and a team player. He could easily fit into any D! program a RB, WR or DBack.  I truly believe he has been overlooked by recruiters because of our school size (we graduate less around 100 per year). I am looking forward to seeing posts in the next few years about what a fantastic recruit he has become!

Your saying bc your graduating class is small that's why he is getting overlooked or is underrated.  Bc I would think once you see his tape like I watched he has speed and is tough and he should at the very least be a 3 star recruit.

I don’t know if this is the case, but I can see where the coaches will need to teach him not to run too high, which tends to be an issue with some tall running backs. But that can be corrected if that is a problem, such as when Roger Craig was first a Husker. TO I remember saying Craig ran too high as a sophomore. Craig went on to have a very productive and successful career in the NFL like Green.   

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to RB Kwinten Ives