Sellout Streak in 2023

Red Five

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

A friend of mine said his son did not bother getting student tickets this year.  

Sort of sad but he said they end up leaving before halftime anyway. 

The student section is sold out.  So....that's fine.  Hopefully people bought the tickets that will actually go....and stay for the game.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The last few games I attended, the student section gets pretty sparse after halftime.  

You could see on TV a handful of empty rows at the top of the SW corner the last few years.

It doesn't seem like that long ago freshmen had to enter into a lottery to get get tickets because there was way more demand than supply.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You could see on TV a handful of empty rows at the top of the SW corner the last few years.

It doesn't seem like that long ago freshmen had to enter into a lottery to get get tickets because there was way more demand than supply.

OK, a lot of that is because they don't sit in specific seats and they squeeze down lower.  There are games where the section is "full" based on number of students that went through the gate, but the top rows are fairly empty.  

• TBH 3
7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Um the rich seats under the press box would literally be 25 percent full after half. Blaming the students for wasting their time standing to watch this trash product is such an easy go to.  When the actual "supporters" of the program don't bother to sit in their section. 

• TBH 2
5 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Um the rich seats under the press box would literally be 25 percent full after half. Blaming the students for wasting their time standing to watch this trash product is such an easy go to.  When the actual "supporters" of the program don't bother to sit in their section. 

I'm not blaming students, just making an observation.  And I don't have a problem with people leaving early or not showing up with the product that has been on the field the last few years.

• TBH 1
Just now, knapplc said:

When I was going to the games as a student, we'd typically clear out at halftime to go party. 

That was 30 years ago. Students today are no different than any other era. They're college kids and they want to have fun.

And....back then we could actually sell our tickets easily if we were not going to be in town for the game or didn't want to go.

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

A friend of mine said his son did not bother getting student tickets this year.  

Sort of sad but he said they end up leaving before halftime anyway. 

It just isn’t the same anymore. When I was at UNL (and I’m sure when you were also) almost all students got student tickets. At least I didn’t know anybody who didn’t. When my daughter was there a few years ago she knew all sorts of students who didn’t buy the tickets. I thought it was crazy.

She always got football and volleyball tickets. Those were one of the few expenses I didn’t mind paying for.

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh yeah!  I sold a few!

One year I paid like $45 for the season student ticket, went to every home game except for Oklahoma (which I watched at home on Thanksgiving). I sold that one game for $100 so made $55 and saw all the games. When I got back to school after Tgiving the main curved goal post upright was in my bed. :lol:  Yeah I kinda wish I stayed for that one.

• Oh Yeah! 1
58 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

One year I paid like $45 for the season student ticket, went to every home game except for Oklahoma (which I watched at home on Thanksgiving). I sold that one game for $100 so made $55 and saw all the games. When I got back to school after Tgiving the main curved goal post upright was in my bed. :lol:  Yeah I kinda wish I stayed for that one.

Oh s#!t!  You missed out on that???

That sucks!