Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

57 minutes ago, nic said:

I was just joking anyway. I figured the two week TRO would be granted and run out before the game, but I guess the big10 used some local lawyer that could not make the hearing and it was delayed until this Friday. If they get a two week TRO, he will be on the sidelines. I am sure FOX wants Harbaugh on the sidelines for the intrigue.

I really doubt this is how it happened.

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I want to know who was paying for all of these tickets for the games that were being scouted.  That will tell you who all at UM knew what was going on.

Stalions was paying for all the ticket.  So it's where he got the money to pay for the tickets that's the question (which may be what you meant).

Seems likely that the money came from the same place that paid off his parents' mortgages.

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

I really doubt this is how it happened.

Let me re-post for you. The claim is that the Big10 hired a local lawyer to object to the TRO, but the hearing could not be scheduled on a holiday.

Regardless, the point is that I also read the TRO could be for two weeks, which if granted, would put Harbaugh on the sideline for the OSU game.

Do you know that supposedly Pete Thamel broke the suspension news on Friday before Michigan was notified. That is why the Michigan AD went all ballistic. 

14 minutes ago, nic said:

Let me re-post for you. The claim is that the Big10 hired a local lawyer to object to the TRO, but the hearing could not be scheduled on a holiday.

Regardless, the point is that I also read the TRO could be for two weeks, which if granted, would put Harbaugh on the sideline for the OSU game.

Do you know that supposedly Pete Thamel broke the suspension news on Friday before Michigan was notified. That is why the Michigan AD went all ballistic. 

But that doesn't say that the reason the hearing couldn't be held was because of who the lawyer was.

And they only filed for the TRO on Friday.

36 minutes ago, Mavric said:

But that doesn't say that the reason the hearing couldn't be held was because of who the lawyer was.

And they only filed for the TRO on Friday.

They could not file for a TRO until the suspension was issued. It came out at 3:30pm ish on Friday while the team was on the plane, and Michigan had a judge ready for the TRO, but the Big10 wanted to object to the restraining order. The hearing could not be held in time on Friday afternoon. At least that is how I read it. 

Joe Klatt, who was calling the game, has some timelines starting around the 24:34 mark if you are interested. 

However, my point to Jaws was.... if Michigan is granted the TRO, it would put Harbaugh on the sideline for The Game. If they had been granted the TRO last Friday, it would expire before the game, unless they can get an extension. Of course, I have only ever  been in traffic court...:D

The Big10 could turn around and suspend him from the championship game, if Michigan can make it that far. It seems like the Big10 could also levy a bowl ban. Seems odd to forfeit the money for the conference from playing in a good bowl game. Revenue is shared. Wouldn't it be interesting if Michgan beats OSU and makes the CFP, gets banned, and OSU is sitting number 5 to take their place. If Michigan loses, no one will care except for maybe the extra practices. 

18 hours ago, nic said:

They could not file for a TRO until the suspension was issued. It came out at 3:30pm ish on Friday while the team was on the plane, and Michigan had a judge ready for the TRO, but the Big10 wanted to object to the restraining order. The hearing could not be held in time on Friday afternoon. At least that is how I read it. 

However, my point to Jaws was.... if Michigan is granted the TRO, it would put Harbaugh on the sideline for The Game. If they had been granted the TRO last Friday, it would expire before the game, unless they can get an extension. Of course, I have only ever  been in traffic court...:D

The Big10 could turn around and suspend him from the championship game, if Michigan can make it that far. It seems like the Big10 could also levy a bowl ban. Seems odd to forfeit the money for the conference from playing in a good bowl game. Revenue is shared. Wouldn't it be interesting if Michgan beats OSU and makes the CFP, gets banned, and OSU is sitting number 5 to take their place. If Michigan loses, no one will care except for maybe the extra practices. 

I don't like how the B1G handled it on a Friday. However, the B1G isn't going to go after Michigan, a cash cow just like OSU, unless there is something that is very creditable. If Michigan was surprised the B1G would object to the restraining order, then Michigan isn't as smart as they like to tell us they are.

I do like the fact that Michigan found out that they can't just run the conference as they see fit. OSU should take note and understand the same thing. No school is more important than the other. Texas better take note because they are going to find out they won't be able to run the SEC like they tried to run the Big 12. 

On 11/2/2023 at 11:02 AM, teachercd said:

Ha!  Yes!

I just like making fun of wolf fans.  They are sooooo annoying with their "We are the Harvard of the midwest" talk.

And "We have the most wins in CFB" garbage.  

I thought you might enjoy this. He's not wrong. The fans that actually graduated from the university have an air of superiority about them and probably actually look down on the fans that are not graduates.

https://www.on3.com/college/michigan-wolverines/news/paul-finebaum-calls-michigan-the-most-obnoxious-fanbase-in-america/

“This is the most obnoxious fanbase in America,” Finebaum said. “This is a fanbase that literally think the world revolves around the University of Michigan football program. You can’t judge a university by those who tweet about it, but I’m going to.

4 hours ago, jaws said:

I don't like how the B1G handled it on a Friday. However, the B1G isn't going to go after Michigan, a cash cow just like OSU, unless there is something that is very creditable. If Michigan was surprised the B1G would object to the restraining order, then Michigan isn't as smart as they like to tell us they are.

I do like the fact that Michigan found out that they can't just run the conference as they see fit. OSU should take note and understand the same thing. No school is more important than the other. Texas better take note because they are going to find out they won't be able to run the SEC like they tried to run the Big 12. 

They are not going to be the Big2 for much longer. And Michigan hasn't been part of that since Rich Rod showed up, although they act like it. What surprises me is that Michigan isn't known for fighting stuff like this.... At least not to their fanbase. The Fanbase thinks M just rolls over all the time and was going to again. This new President seems to have other ideas. It will be interesting to watch.