Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

9 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

How is this not lack of institutional control?

That is an NCAA punishment and would be handed down by them when they finish the investigation in a year or so. I am joking about the year, but you never know. There was the Wakeyleaks scandal where teams got a hold of Wake Forest's play book. I heard there was only a half game suspension when all was said and done, but i did not try and confirm that. Some broadcaster and former assistant coach was passing info to opponents, but I do not know all the details.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

The worst thing about this entire episode is constantly seeing OSU fans gloat...and now the constant advertising for their rivalry game this week.

I'm sick and tired of both programs.

One of them will shut up after Saturday.  :D the other will be unbearable.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

On 11/17/2023 at 10:24 PM, nic said:

Did you forget this? :sarcasm

I really do not know. I sure we will find out someday. Someone will leak it.

No, because I stand alone on this issue.  I think it's creepy to hire a PI and psychotic to send Antony and Tony Knuckles to dig up dirt on Michigan football or any college football team.  And I think the timing is strange that it is happening the same time Michigan is thriving and has beaten Ohio State two years in a row.  And all fingers point to a jaded, sourpuss group of Buckeye Coaches or Admins or Boosters that have been super pissed and their feelings are hurt, because they aren't the top dog of the Conference.  So, they collectively talked and hired some mobsters (aka Private Investigators) to do the dirty work for them. 

I don't care if Michigan has stolen signals.  You can blame all of college football for putting up signs and signals for everyone to see.  It's right there in front of you.  And all of this looks like If you are Ohio State football and can't beat them on the field, don't be lame and hire Donnie Bags and No-neck Tony to go after them.  Every team looks for an edge.  Every team messes with cheating and it's been going on a long time.  Quite whining.  Stay in your lane.  Go play ball instead.  

Enough said.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, admo said:

No, because I stand alone on this issue.  I think it's creepy to hire a PI and psychotic to send Antony and Tony Knuckles to dig up dirt on Michigan football or any college football team.  And I think the timing is strange that it is happening the same time Michigan is thriving and has beaten Ohio State two years in a row.  And all fingers point to a jaded, sourpuss group of Buckeye Coaches or Admins or Boosters that have been super pissed and their feelings are hurt, because they aren't the top dog of the Conference.  So, they collectively talked and hired some mobsters (aka Private Investigators) to do the dirty work for them. 

I don't care if Michigan has stolen signals.  You can blame all of college football for putting up signs and signals for everyone to see.  It's right there in front of you.  And all of this looks like If you are Ohio State football and can't beat them on the field, don't be lame and hire Donnie Bags and No-neck Tony to go after them.  Every team looks for an edge.  Every team messes with cheating and it's been going on a long time.  Quite whining.  Stay in your lane.  Go play ball instead.  

Enough said.  

I agree with you that most try and steal signs and succeed to some degree. Or get an edge anyway they can. I suspect the SEC is laughing at the big10 while enjoying the show. Stealing signs is legal, and if you have them, you still have to execute, as Prime said. I haven't heard much about which PI firm was hired. The NCAA knows who. Someday it will leak out. 

Maybe Ryan Day got what he wanted...an excuse for the last two losses, Harbaugh off the field, and a distracted opponent. Of course, if he loses now, what does he have left? The stakes of this game are higher for both sides now. 

1 hour ago, commando said:

i am laughing at the conspiracy theories.   michigan was caught cheating now they are blaming everyone else for getting caught.   

It's totally amazing.

Michigan, hires people to go against the rules and gain an advantage.

OSU, hires people to figure out how they are doing it and exposes it.

OSU is somehow the bad guy in this?

I think not.

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's totally amazing.

Michigan, hires people to go against the rules and gain an advantage.

OSU, hires people to figure out how they are doing it and exposes it.

OSU is somehow the bad guy in this?

I think not.

Who said OSU was the bad guy for hiring PIs? I only heard people call them whiners. :D And it was Connor Stalions that hired people to film sidelines, the rest of the tangled web isn't known quite yet. Was he financed by Uncle Tim the booster? I am sure we will find out soon. 

One odd thing about Partridge is that he was coaching in the SEC in 21 and 22, then came back for this season. I am wondering if his investigation tampering was because of something new. ??? Or maybe he just hooked up with Stalions this season. 

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Michigan and their fans.

This is true. They think tOSU are the bad guys, but they do not hate them as much as MSU. MSU they have despised for several years now. OSU always had a level of respect. This is reasonable article on Michigan/OSUs game behind The Game, which OSU just won with flying colors. 

https://www.si.com/college/2023/11/21/michigan-and-ohio-state-rule-book-war-daily-cover

"If Stalions hires somebody to videotape Ohio State’s signals against another opponent, then that’s apparently illegal, it’s a major strategic advantage (according to the Big Ten) and Harbaugh can be punished because he should have known.

But if Harbaugh then gives all of those signals to Ohio State’s next opponent, that’s within the rules … or is it? Is the recipient also supposed to have known how the intel was acquired? Should Purdue’s Brohm have grilled Ohio State and Rutgers to make sure they obtained Michigan’s signals legally last year?

The Big Ten, by the way, has the right under its sportsmanship policy to punish Ohio State, Rutgers and Purdue for their signs exchange last year, even though they did not violate NCAA rules. The rationale for punishing Harbaugh before the NCAA finished its investigation was that the coach was not being punished for breaking rules; the program was punished to protect “integrity of the competition, civility toward all, and respect, particularly toward opponents and officials.”"

I bolded the text above. Based on what I have been reading civility and respect have left the building. It will be interesting and fun to watch how this all ends.  

• Plus1 1

Michigan is 1-5 against the spread when Harbaugh is not on the sidelines. They are 4-0-1 when he is. If I was a betting man I might consider taking tOSU and the points (+3.5) but.. because I'm not a betting man instead I'll recommend everyone take Michigan and give the points. That said, 2 things to remember, first is when it comes to football I'm maybe the biggest arm chair qb with only a novice understanding of the game and 2. I'm a total noob when it comes to betting. 

One tip I once heard while watching John Madden in a pregame was quote "if he could wait until after the coin toss to lay his bet he'd win 70% of the time because he'd always bet the team that put their defense on the field first" unquote. So, maybe if you can and your bookie allows, make your bet post coin flip. 

Now.. please everyone, enjoy your turkey/ham/prime rib/steak and all the holiday dishes. May your bellies be filled, your platters with leftovers stored and your family for one day not fight over politics. God Bless all of you and yours!! 

and finally, of course BEAT IOWA!!!

On 11/20/2023 at 8:32 AM, BigRedBuster said:

The worst thing about this entire episode is constantly seeing OSU fans gloat...and now the constant advertising for their rivalry game this week.

I'm sick and tired of both programs.

Yep I’m sick and tired of both programs. Michigan can beat OSU. I don’t think McCord is the dynamic QB OSU has had in past. I would love to then see Oregon or Washington beat Michigan in the playoff with Harbaugh back. The new teams coming in to the conference can then say what’s the big deal, haha.