RB Kewan Lacy [Missouri - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Lewis commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Does he just think the Blackshirt flag is cool or is he playing on the other side of the ball?

I'm guessing the dude who made the edit doesn't spend a lot of time on the context for school-specific things. Just looks for cool stuff and throws it in there - and it looks fine. I don't think the Blackshirt flag means anything though.

• TBH 1

10.79 100 meters

That's moving at 205 pounds.

1,352 yards and 13 TDs.  In Texas 6A.  As a sophomore.  Stats were down as a junior as he split time with an Arizona State signee after changing schools and also battled injuries.  Should be the main guy this fall.

3 hours ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

Where is that Debbie downer who spoke too soon about how bad Matt Rhules recruiting was?  About to get Carter Nelson too…OPE

I complained about the local recruits we were seemingly missing out on til Rhule worked his magic these past few weeks. That other dude was complaining about some of the recruits offers which is silly like that safety we just got today. Runs a 4.6 made 123 tackles as a Jr that kid can play. Who cares if Arkansas St or OSU offered him we just got a good player

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

In @Husker816 defense he did admit he was wrong a couple days ago which is more than can be said from a lot of posters on husker board

He might be referring to that other dude who keeps posting in every thread the quality of recruits is below Nebraska's standards because they only have offers from small schools

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, Husker816 said:

I complained about the local recruits we were seemingly missing out on til Rhule worked his magic these past few weeks. That other dude was complaining about some of the recruits offers which is silly like that safety we just got today. Runs a 4.6 made 123 tackles as a Jr that kid can play. Who cares if Arkansas St or OSU offered him we just got a good player

It wasn’t you 

58 minutes ago, Scofrosghost said:

In @Husker816 defense he did admit he was wrong a couple days ago which is more than can be said from a lot of posters on husker board

Not him some strange Dr of love.:D

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Husker816 said:

He might be referring to that other dude who keeps posting in every thread the quality of recruits is below Nebraska's standards because they only have offers from small schools

Yep looks like you are right. FTR so was I. It’s like man, if all you’re going to do is look down your nose at the Huskers and other posters on here that just want to have fun talking football why are you even here? Not everyone is going to agree, I like civil discord but at the end of the day no one likes to be condescended to. 
It’s like where did big bad Herbie touch you bro?? Lol, whatever…

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That isn't reality in college football.  You have to be able to break tackles.

Too true. 

On the other extreme are the tapes where a guy is always having to fight through contact. One of the things that improves greatly as you move up through the ranks is team pursuit. You do have to be your own blocker a fair amount at the lower ranks.

I know recruiting rankings don't mean anything at the end of the day if a player wins and is successful but why is he a three star running back?  Is it bc of the injuries or is the projection of his ceiling once he gets to college?  Solid in college but not a star??? He breaks tackles already and apparently gets up to 21 mph on runs so you would think if he did split carries and had his numbers dipped a little bit that shouldn't necessarily make him a 3 star running back just on that alone bc his talent exceeds that. I never quite understand what goes into recruiting rankings for kids.  Like everybody would argue that Daniel Kaelin should be a 4 star qb not only bc of the things he has done on the field but also bc of him competing against others at the Elite 11 competition.  Just trying to understand thanks.

13 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know recruiting rankings don't mean anything at the end of the day if a player wins and is successful but why is he a three star running back?  Is it bc of the injuries or is the projection of his ceiling once he gets to college?  Solid in college but not a star??? He breaks tackles already and apparently gets up to 21 mph on runs so you would think if he did split carries and had his numbers dipped a little bit that shouldn't necessarily make him a 3 star running back just on that alone bc his talent exceeds that. I never quite understand what goes into recruiting rankings for kids.  Like everybody would argue that Daniel Kaelin should be a 4 star qb not only bc of the things he has done on the field but also bc of him competing against others at the Elite 11 competition.  Just trying to understand thanks.

The rating system is very subjective IMO. You have “experts” evaluating growing/developing kids. 
That said 4 of our top seven commits for ‘24 are literally thousandths of a point away from being 4 stars. I wouldn’t worry too much if they don’t have a 4 next to their name. 
As far as I’m concerned Rhule already has his 7 blue chip recruits that some on here arbitrarily insist we need to be successful on the national stage

• TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to RB Kewan Lacy [Missouri - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic