MLB 2023

BigRedBuster

Well dang, I guess the Houston Astros will be playing in the World Series once again.  In the last 8-10 years they have dominated and owned the Texas Rangers.  They play 19 times a year, and the Astros usually win 13-15 of those games.  That isn't exact in every year, but sure feels like it.  

I am so happy and proud of the Texas Rangers.  Playing in the American League Championship Series for a World Series invite was never on the radar.  Even reaching the playoffs never seemed possible.  

Plus, in the playoffs the Rangers had to beat the teams with the 2 best record in the American League.  I didn't think it would happen.  And yet, they swept those teams.  I just can't believe it, but I believe it as I have been watching it.  Incredible.

Just so proud of them and what they accomplished this season.  Only wish they had a healthy Jacob DeGrom and Max Scherzer pitching in this series.  To kind of even it out a bit.  

• Plus1 1

All is quiet about MLB playoffs, suddenly.  We just went through a full year of baseball too.

Meanwhile, the Diamondbacks are playing Philly.  Winner of Series to WS.

Texas Rangers are up 2-0 in best of 7 against reigning WS champs Houston.

Only 4 teams are left playing, to make the World Series.  

No Boston, LA, NY, Chicago.... I get it.  

But a lot of us fans that have teams still playing are really enjoying this :)

14 hours ago, admo said:

All is quiet about MLB playoffs, suddenly.  We just went through a full year of baseball too.

Meanwhile, the Diamondbacks are playing Philly.  Winner of Series to WS.

Texas Rangers are up 2-0 in best of 7 against reigning WS champs Houston.

Only 4 teams are left playing, to make the World Series.  

No Boston, LA, NY, Chicago.... I get it.  

But a lot of us fans that have teams still playing are really enjoying this :)

Teams are still playing baseball?  Hmmm...

I guess so.

Why can't he still be a Cub?

• Oh Yeah! 2

8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Teams are still playing baseball?  Hmmm...

I guess so.

Why can't he still be a Cub?

Man I am a big Schwarber fan, and loved that he was a Cub and was disappointed he couldn't be a lifer.  I have followed him since he was a catcher at Indiana and just knew he would be a major leaguer and a stud.  

Side note: 

Terrible BA but he still produces runs & ribbies & gets on base.  Even with the horrible BA, pitchers do not want to pitch to him.  

2022:  Batting Average - .218 

155 games

100 runs

46 Home Runs

94 RBI

86 Walks

.323 OBP

.504 SLG

.827 OPS

2023:  Batting Average - .197

160 games

108 runs

47 Home runs

104 RBI

.343 OBP

.474 SLG

.817 OPS

58 minutes ago, admo said:

Man I am a big Schwarber fan, and loved that he was a Cub and was disappointed he couldn't be a lifer.  I have followed him since he was a catcher at Indiana and just knew he would be a major leaguer and a stud.  

Side note: 

Terrible BA but he still produces runs & ribbies & gets on base.  Even with the horrible BA, pitchers do not want to pitch to him.  

2022:  Batting Average - .218 

155 games

100 runs

46 Home Runs

94 RBI

86 Walks

.323 OBP

.504 SLG

.827 OPS

2023:  Batting Average - .197

160 games

108 runs

47 Home runs

104 RBI

.343 OBP

.474 SLG

.817 OPS

I’ll always be bitter that they couldn’t at least keep a corp of players from the 2016 team to build on instead of liquidating everyone and floating in the abyss for years since. 

They won a championship. Other teams figure out how to do that and have years of success….oh, not the Cubs/Rickets. 

For the love of all that's holy, stop pitching to Schwarber! I'm afraid that the Dbacks run will come to an end today, but I'm very much at peace with it. If someone had told me at the start of the season that they would make it to the NLCS, I would have been thrilled. Very excited about the future of this team, and it's been a long time since I could say that!

• Haha 1