NFL 2023

Mavric

We need to start pulling for the Detroit Lions.  Ever since they hired Dan Campbell in 2021, I was very excited about that.  Then they got a new stadium in 2022 (it's bad a$$), and started tweaking their uniforms.....  and then started winning last year......  leading the division this year (by far) and becoming better and better.

This isn't your dad's Lions, or your grandpa's Lions. 

I really like this team, their coach, their stadium, their uniforms, and their speed and talent.  

47 minutes ago, admo said:

Damn.  That really sucks.

I went my whole life not caring about the Cincinati Bengals.  I hated their coaches, their ugly uniforms and thought if they dissolved from the NFL I would be fine and wouldn't care a bit.

But something changed.  They got a good coach, changed their uniforms (vibrant organge!) and got Joe Cool.  They started winning and beating the Chiefs and Bills and so forth.  And it didn't take me long to start liking the team and rooting for them.  Those are words I never thought I would say in my lifetime.

I really feel bad to see Joe Burrow out for the year.  Sad day for the NFL

100% here too.

And...he (was) my top fantasy QB

On 11/17/2023 at 2:10 PM, admo said:

We need to start pulling for the Detroit Lions.  Ever since they hired Dan Campbell in 2021, I was very excited about that.  Then they got a new stadium in 2022 (it's bad a$$), and started tweaking their uniforms.....  and then started winning last year......  leading the division this year (by far) and becoming better and better.

I really like this team, their coach, their stadium, their uniforms, and their speed and talent.  

How can you not like the Detroit Lions? Talk about a fanbase that could use some uplifting. 

Can I tell my Jared Goff story? Thanks.

Goff went to a nearby high school, and my friend's kid played with him. Still knows him well enough to share texts now and then. Couple years ago Goff texts his buddies about wanting to bang Rams coach Sean McVay's hot wife. My friend's son even showed him the text. And then my friend thinks: if someone showed him the text, how likely was it that Sean McVay saw the text? And did that have anything to do with Goff getting traded the year after leading the Rams to the Super Bowl?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

How can you not like the Detroit Lions? Talk about a fanbase that could use some uplifting. 

Can I tell my Jared Goff story? Thanks.

Goff went to a nearby high school, and my friend's kid played with him. Still knows him well enough to share texts now and then. Couple years ago Goff texts his buddies about wanting to bang Rams coach Sean McVay's hot wife. My friend's son even showed him the text. And then my friend thinks: if someone showed him the text, how likely was it that Sean McVay saw the text? And did that have anything to do with Goff getting traded the year after leading the Rams to the Super Bowl?

That's often and makes sense, thanks!  I'm sure he said it in jest and it wasn't like a quest of his.  But still....

He's been playing pretty good with Detroit.  And yes, the Lions are a hot team (winning) and very likeable.  They are doing the right things.  

Meanwhile the Bears still suck for 30+ years (minus one lucky season to reach the Super Bowl against the Colts), and the Packers & Vikings look "meh".  

What's not to like about the Detroit Lions as you mention (and me too).  

Can I say me too if I don't use a hashtag?  LOL have you ever got a text or snap from gf "I want a pizza!" or something, and your initial response is "me too!" and then you catch yourself before replying back, and rephrase it by saying "same!" instead?!!

LOL wow that went off road from the topic :lol: my bad!  

2 hours ago, desertshox said:

They don't even have to tackle them to get called for a horse collar. They aren't supposed to grab inside the back or side of the collar.

Horse collar rule

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground

I think you can make an argument that he didn't pull him toward the ground.  He more got spun around. 

I don't know if that's supposed to be a distinction or not but I've heard it explained that part of it is getting pulled backwards.

• TBH 1
On 11/17/2023 at 4:10 PM, admo said:

One of my best friends is a Lions fan; has been since Barry. Even though they beat KC this year, it's really nice to see them having a fantastic year this year.