New QB Target

EZ-E

Do we even know what kind of offense we're going to run? :dunno

Bo has said multiple times that he wants a multiple offense. We didnt bring Cody Green here to run the west coast offense. At least I hope not.

Just read an article where Coach Watson said they will return to the offense we ran last year and the beginning of this year.

From the protection he received from his line and the wideouts who could catch the ball, he doesn't look like a good fit for NU.

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Just read an article where Coach Watson said they will return to the offense we ran last year and the beginning of this year.

I read the same article. When you go back and look at some of the formations we were running out of early in the season we were running out of spread formations. Zac Lee out of the shot gun, zone reads, speed option. Not that the zone reads or the speed options worked but we ran them.

I read the same article. When you go back and look at some of the formations we were running out of early in the season we were running out of spread formations. Zac Lee out of the shot gun, zone reads, speed option. Not that the zone reads or the speed options worked but we ran them.

Same offense that we ran for the 2nd half in 2008 also. I am betting though that we will see many more power formations used than what Watson was using back then.

Same offense that we ran for the 2nd half in 2008 also. I am betting though that we will see many more power formations used than what Watson was using back then.

100% agree. We wont scrap the power game I dont think. We will still line it up and run at teams when need be.

From the qb's we have been recruiting after Gabbert left and Wats mentioning martinez' speed I really think we are going back to the glimpses we saw out of Solich when we had Lord in 03' with the run emphasized zone read. I really think we are going to try to go to an Oregon or WVU type spread when they had Pat White. If Wats is planning on running the same exact offense with a west coast passing game and is recruiting Carnes and Turner for qb's I will be completely speechless.

If Wats is planning on running the same exact offense with a west coast passing game and is recruiting Carnes and Turner for qb's I will be completely speechless.

I could not agree more. It would make absolutely no sense at all to recruit kids like Carnes and Turner to be a drop back passer. It makes no sense if they try to do the same thing with CG.

If Wats is planning on running the same exact offense with a west coast passing game and is recruiting Carnes and Turner for qb's I will be completely speechless.

I could not agree more. It would make absolutely no sense at all to recruit kids like Carnes and Turner to be a drop back passer. It makes no sense if they try to do the same thing with CG.

Maybe there will be a hybrid? I can't help but think that Pelini is going to have some say in what stays & goes from Watson's playbook over the off-season. It is my understanding that having a "balanced" or "multiple" offense as Bo has said recently, means taking the best of whatever Watson has in his playbook and perhaps the best of what Dr. Tom has from his old playbook, and making a hybrid out of it? That's just my guess, but what the hell do I know? :dunno