#101 Mohican00

Scout Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

First post and I'm reppin the GLBC.probably the best thing about Cleveand

Website Here

Posted Image

My personal favorite is their porter, the Edmund Fitzgerald. It's so thick, you could cut it with a knife.

Posted Image

Unfortunately Great Lakes beer is tough to find outside of the Ohio/S Michigan/W Pennsylvania area, so the next time you're in Ohio (see Oct 2012) seek some out. It's life changing!

#102 carlfense

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

First post and I'm reppin the GLBC.probably the best thing about Cleveand

That porter looks delicious! I will definitely seek it out.
"Nebraska has no beaches, mountains or stay-forever good weather. But the loyalty of ticket-buying, check-writing Husker fans is a natural resource that has sustained high-quality athletics in Lincoln for the past 50 years.

That fan devotion is a priceless commodity." -Lee Barfknecht

#103 Husker S Thompson

Scout Team

• Members2
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

Great thread.

To the Blue Moon/Shock Top drinkers: Hoegaarden is a great choice, as is Leffe, Wittekerke (in a light blue can), and Duvel (Awesome stuff, 8.5% alc)

Are there any Chimay fans out there?

How about Fin du Monde from Unibroue? One of my favorites.

Lastly, if I'm cuttin the grass on a hot day, it's got to be Bud concrete.

#104 GMoose

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

Leinenkugel Fireside Nut Brown is finally back!!!

Posted Image

#105 Army Husker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,826 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

Not sure if it's been posted in this thread yet, but just killed a 6 pack of Snow Day by New Belgium. Very, very delicious is all I can say!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#106 True2tRA

Wizard of Osborne

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

I don't always drink beer.....but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. For those who have not tried it, I really suggest trying it. I got hooked on it.
Posted Image

A bit of humor here worth a good laugh.
Posted Image
Not really funny for somebody who does something like beating their wife, but for a guy like me who thinks men who fight women or children are pussies, well then I think its funny.

9s9gVOO.gifM9uDK8K.gifxfJjXao.gifF47DudV.gif

cwWFiFO.gifICZgzLw.gifInRKoiB.gifbQYDYfy.gif

#107 huskerscott

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im kinda in the seasonal mode right now. Quality versus Quantity, but come Saturdays in the fall its atleast a case of bud light.
Posted Image

#108 True2tRA

Wizard of Osborne

• Banned
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

Awesome! They make a beer called the Edmund Fitzgerald! Sad event, awesome song.

9s9gVOO.gifM9uDK8K.gifxfJjXao.gifF47DudV.gif

cwWFiFO.gifICZgzLw.gifInRKoiB.gifbQYDYfy.gif

#109 illnino

Blackshirt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

I don't always drink beer.....but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. For those who have not tried it, I really suggest trying it. I got hooked on it.

Dos Equis is really good, and I also like Corona. I've heard good things about Landshark too. But my beer of choice is Budweiser.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

#110 Landomatic

Backup

• Members2
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

Not sure if already posted but this is where it begins and ends for me. Tastes like liquid butter. Not too light, not too dark. Everyone I've put onto it now regards it as their favorite beer. Hoegaarden baby!!!

Posted Image

A somewhat distant second is Newcastle. Totally different than Hoegaarden and a little more main stream and commercial. Darker, but still very good.

Posted Image
"Dont argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Greg King

#111 huskerscott

Grad Assistant

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

Dos Equis is really good, and I also like Corona. I've heard good things about Landshark too. But my beer of choice is Budweiser.

there is a lot of buzz about LandShark right now. We call it the white mans Corona. You have got to try it on tap, its even more delicious.
Posted Image

#112 Stumpy1

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

i like the beers that come in a can or bottle. dosnt matter what kind

Instead you just go around like a 4 year old who discovered that his dick is capable of pissing in places other than his pants or the toilet. - ZRod

It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. - George Burns

#113 Army Husker

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,826 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

i like the beers that come in a can or bottle. dosnt matter what kind

So...many...to...choose...from. Yum.
Posted Image

#114 ShawnWatson

Heisman Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

You can only drink one beer when playing a Pennsylvania school.

Posted Image

#115 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

Posted Image

Leinies eh...I'll make a Badger fan of you yet.

#teamdexel

#116 ShawnWatson

Heisman Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

If you haven't had Boulevard's Tank 7 yet, then head and get your beer game right. Its a saison which means you are going to get some pretty high doses of zest and clove/coriander tastes.

The beer is 8% alcohol but everything going on hides the high alcohol level well.

I've been pretty blurry eyed after a couple pints of this stuff.

#117 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

This was my latest purchase

Posted Image

New Belgium Belgo Belgian-style IPA (wow that is a lot of Belgium-related stuff going on in that title)

Pretty good stuff. Its not your typical IPA, it's more fruity and complex. If you like IPAs, it is cheap and worth a try.

GWVSyI4.pngtschu52small_zpsadf5d69c.png18-WR.jpg46.jpgeric1001.jpgeric1002.jpgeric1003.jpgeric1004.jpgeric1006.jpgeric1005.jpgeric1007.jpg

#118 BIGREDIOWAN

Legend

• Mods
  • 27,594 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

Posted Image

I'm a HUGE Leinies fan, I pretty much like everything they make. Last spring they released the Leinies Limited for a short time and I picked up about 6 6 packs of that stuff. Another beer I like is Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen out of Portland, OR. Good stuff.............Summer Shandy is my favorite of all time though.

Dsc_4202d80sm3-1.jpg

clEdF.png

#119 NUpolo8

Wizard of Osborne

• Banned
  • 7,892 posts

HB Donor Gold

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

This was my latest purchase

Posted Image

New Belgium Belgo Belgian-style IPA (wow that is a lot of Belgium-related stuff going on in that title)

Pretty good stuff. Its not your typical IPA, it's more fruity and complex. If you like IPAs, it is cheap and worth a try.

Holy crap this. This beer is awesome.
AWESOME FUNNY SIGNATURE DOT GIF

#120 Excel

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,917 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

Posted Image

I'm a HUGE Leinies fan, I pretty much like everything they make. Last spring they released the Leinies Limited for a short time and I picked up about 6 6 packs of that stuff. Another beer I like is Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen out of Portland, OR. Good stuff.............Summer Shandy is my favorite of all time though.

haha glad to hear it, Leinies Red and their bock are my favorites...anyone that likes Leinies and ends up in the Northwoods of Wisconsin should definately stop by their Lodge outside Chippewa Falls (Eau Claire area), they'll give you free beer and a tour! Fun fact, the Leinies Indian Maiden's face is based on the St. Croix and Mississippi rivers that form the border between MN and WI...

#teamdexel

#121 GMoose

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

Picked up some of this Cutthroat Porter at Woehlner's while in Omaha for the weekend. It was EXCELLENT.Posted Image

#122 USD-Husker

Scout Team

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

being a broke college student i can't afford good beer most of the time. lots of keystone and busch

as far as my favorites. gotta love grain belt premium, good and not too expensive. and of course grain belt nordeast

#123 Lyons in the Sea of Red.

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

bump?
Posted Image

#124 RockyMountainOySker

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

bump?

Yes, bump. I've got an updated Top 5 to list.

(in no real order, all are amazing)

Bell's Hopslam (seasonal, Michigan brewery, regional distribution)
Three Floyd's Dreadnaught (Hammond, IN near Chicago, should be able to find this across the country)
Revolution Brewery's Anti-Hero IPA (local Chicago brewery, local distribution)
Half Acre's Double Daisy Cutter (seasonal, Chicago, regional distribution)
Half Acre's Daisy Cutter (Chicago, regional distribution)

I feel very lucky living in Chicago with the beer selection here. It is hard to beat anywhere in the world, imo.

#125 MLB 51

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,165 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:49 AM

I like the dark beer's Heiny dark, Beck's dark, New Castle Brown. Not much of a selection in Oklahoma. All cold beer is 3.2%. All 5.0% and above in liquor store's only. No Coors, A-Busch or Miller product's.

1x1clear.gif1x1clear.gifHBHockey_zps3ff84fc3.png

download-icon.png

#126 Lyons in the Sea of Red.

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

how do they serve the beers in the beer tour at old chicago? bottles? draft? depends?

My roommates and I have started a collection of bottles of each different beer we try. We are trying to work brewery by brewery but some of the stuff is very hard to find.
Posted Image

#127 Bradr

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

how do they serve the beers in the beer tour at old chicago? bottles? draft? depends?

My roommates and I have started a collection of bottles of each different beer we try. We are trying to work brewery by brewery but some of the stuff is very hard to find.

Each beer variety they sell has a unique number assigned to it. Like, a coors light is a 24. You need to collect 121 of these unique numbers on your beer tour card to finish the tour. Duplicates numbers (if you drink the same beer multiple times) do not count towards your total beers drank.

Some mini tours - 6 to 10 beers introduced for a holiday or season - will have different numbers for the mini tour compared to the standard beer numbers. So you might drink a guiness and get credit on your beer card. Then come back for the St Patty's day tour and get credit for Guiness again. Because the mini tour uses a temporary alternate number for the month or so it's going on, for the specific beers on the mini tour.

I believe they can only give you credit for 4 beers per visit. Some nicer waiters will also give you credit for mini tour beers, even when you don't drink them. For instance, two years ago on the St Patty's day tour, there was a vile drink that was half Sprite and half Guiness. The kindly server let me order another Guiness to count towards that drink's number on my card.

- Old Chicago Water '01-'03

#128 carlfense

Legend

• Members
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

Dmitri's Revenge, a single batch Russian Imperial Stout by Lucky Bucket is currently on tap at Too Far North in Fort Calhoun.

Excellent stuff. Very drinkable for the style. Careful . . . 10.1 abv.
"Nebraska has no beaches, mountains or stay-forever good weather. But the loyalty of ticket-buying, check-writing Husker fans is a natural resource that has sustained high-quality athletics in Lincoln for the past 50 years.

#129 BIGREDIOWAN

Legend

• Mods
  • 27,594 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Dmitri's Revenge, a single batch Russian Imperial Stout by Lucky Bucket is currently on tap at Too Far North in Fort Calhoun.

FYI, Leinie's just released their Russian Imperial Stout and it's fairly decent...............abv is right around 10.

Dsc_4202d80sm3-1.jpg

clEdF.png

#130 Bradr

All American

• Members
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

Drank last night, and still amazing:

Posted Image

#131 carlfense

Legend

• Members
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

FYI, Leinie's just released their Russian Imperial Stout and it's fairly decent...............abv is right around 10.

I'll have to give that a try. I'm not a big fan of their other beers but I'm always down for a new stout.

#132 308_Husker

All American

• Members
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

I'll have to give that a try. I'm not a big fan of their other beers but I'm always down for a new stout.

There was a tapping party here at Jake's Cigars for a couple of Lucky Bucket brews. One was a dark Belgian Ale. I forget the name, but it was above 10 abv. It was dangerously delicious.

#133 MLB 51

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,165 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

Not a big stout fan. A little too heavy, but wouldn't mind trying it. Any idea if you can order it out of state?

download-icon.png

#134 Rike Miley

Wizard of Osborne

• Members2
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Each beer variety they sell has a unique number assigned to it. Like, a coors light is a 24. You need to collect 121 of these unique numbers on your beer tour card to finish the tour. Duplicates numbers (if you drink the same beer multiple times) do not count towards your total beers drank.

Some mini tours - 6 to 10 beers introduced for a holiday or season - will have different numbers for the mini tour compared to the standard beer numbers. So you might drink a guiness and get credit on your beer card. Then come back for the St Patty's day tour and get credit for Guiness again. Because the mini tour uses a temporary alternate number for the month or so it's going on, for the specific beers on the mini tour.

I believe they can only give you credit for 4 beers per visit. Some nicer waiters will also give you credit for mini tour beers, even when you don't drink them. For instance, two years ago on the St Patty's day tour, there was a vile drink that was half Sprite and half Guiness. The kindly server let me order another Guiness to count towards that drink's number on my card.

- Old Chicago Water '01-'03

Its only 110 beers you have to drink in Omaha. Im on beer 24 of the second tour. Im getting that damn silver mug!

But to answer your question Lyons, they have a bunch of beers on draft and the ones that are not on draft are served in bottles. I know here in Omaha, on Thursday nights they have 25 oz. drafts for the price of 16 oz. I don't know if they do in Lincoln. But Id suggest saving all the drafts for Thursday nights if they do and drinking bottles the rest of the time.

And like Bradr said, the beers that have set numbers you may only drink once, but they have rotating beers every few weeks (usually for the mini tours, but sometimes they just get new beer in) and you may drink the rotators as much as you want. I don't like that rule because some people probably just drink 110 of the same rotating beers and that negates the purpose of the WORLD beer tour.

#135 Blaze1up

Grad Assistant

• Members2
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Guinness foreign extra it's mother milk.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
1970 1971 1994 1995 1997 201?

#136 carlfense

Legend

• Members
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

Not a big stout fan. A little too heavy, but wouldn't mind trying it. Any idea if you can order it out of state?

I don't think so . . . I think it was very small batch and only available in kegs.

Too Far North is actually the only place that I know of that serves it.

#137 MLB 51

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,165 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Figures. Once again I am screwed for living in Oklahoma!

download-icon.png

#138 MLB 51

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 9,165 posts

HB Donor Silver

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

Anybody try that Russian Imperial Stout.

download-icon.png

#139 carlfense

Legend

• Members
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Anybody try that Russian Imperial Stout.

I did. Fantastic.

#140 GM_Tood

The Bobfather

• Members
  • 5,195 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Mojo Smokehouse night.

http://www.omahabeerweek.com/

j6xtuTK.png

#141 carlfense

Legend

• Members
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

Mojo Smokehouse night.

http://www.omahabeerweek.com/

I didn't get tickets purchased in time for Extreme Beer Fest. :(

#142 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

I'm currently drinking (of course I am) some Empyrean Dark Side Vanilla Porter. Definitely my favorite offering from this local brewery.

Chaco Canyon is also good, and their seasonal stuff is always worth a try.

GWVSyI4.pngtschu52small_zpsadf5d69c.png18-WR.jpg46.jpgeric1001.jpgeric1002.jpgeric1003.jpgeric1004.jpgeric1006.jpgeric1005.jpgeric1007.jpg

#143 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

If you're into stouts, you MUST try this:

Posted Image

It is like 7-8 bucks for a 650mL bottle, but if you're looking for a nice treat you will absolutely not be disappointed. Sweet, syrupy, dark with a nice thick mouthfeel (giggity). Chocolate makes up the base, but other coffee and very slight fruity notes there with some bitterness. I mean this stuff is absolutely top of the line, best you can get. So effing good. (of course if you don't like stouts and dark beers then don't waste your money)

#144 Lyons in the Sea of Red.

Head Coach

• Members
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

Has anyone tried that sweet angel from empyrean? hows that?
Posted Image

#145 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

Guinness foreign extra it's mother milk.

This too. You'll have to get it at HyVee or The Still, and its $10-$11 for a 4-pack, but it is good. Don't let "Guinness Draught" fool you...that sh#t was introduced in like 1975 and beer drinkers scoff at that watery stuff. Foreign Extra is the real Guinness, the stuff that the Irish drink. And it is fantastic.

#146 carlfense

Legend

• Members
  • 12,709 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

Fallen Angel? Yep! Good stuff if you like a less bitter stout. I was happy to see that they offered it in bottles this year. As far as I know it was tap only in previous years. Get some quick . . . it usually doesn't last long.

#147 tschu

The Bobfather

• Banned
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Fallen Angel? Yep! Good stuff if you like a less bitter stout. I was happy to see that they offered it in bottles this year. As far as I know it was tap only in previous years. Get some quick . . . it usually doesn't last long.

Thanks for the recommendation! Very good stuff.

#148 BIGREDIOWAN

Legend

• Mods
  • 27,594 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

I'll have to try the Foreign Extra...............I've had Guiness a few times and wanted to puke, but everyone says the stuff in Ireland is amazing!

Dsc_4202d80sm3-1.jpg

clEdF.png

#149 El Diaco

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • 7,958 posts

HB Donor Bronze

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

I see a lot of New Belgium products have already been listed but some of their must trys are; Fat Tire, Sunshine Wheat, and Abbey. The Abbey is an amazing Belgian style ale with unbelievable notes of banana esters derived from the yeast they use. If you like Hoegaarden, Abbey will more than satisfy you. If you have to have lots of hop character or bitterness, this one isn't for you.

Abbey is the beer that started New Belgian Brewing but Fat Tire is the one that took off for them. I like most all their brews except for their high dollar artsy fartsy iambics and stuff that tastes more like wine than beer.
post-130-0-71012400-1485562235.png

BC- HANDLING THE HARD STUFF FOR HUSKERBOARD!
Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while... you don't do the right thing once in a while...you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit.-Vince Lombardi

#150 GSG5545

Legend

• Members
  • 17,836 posts

HB Donor Scarlet

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

This one:

Posted Image

Don't do it. It's too f'ing spicy to enjoy.

2wroncj.jpg#RunTheDamnBall  2wrfc5h.jpg

EAT THE RICH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users