S Marcus McWilson [Kentucky - Signed NLI]

Nexus

It disappoints me that Marrow is doing this. Didn't take him long to embrace the culture of the SEC. Have fun winning 2 games every year.

I don't expect him to refrain from any Nebraska recruits forever - even next year. But it doesn't sit really well with me that he seemed to check in with everyone he had contact with. Not committed yet? I have no problem. Guys that have committed? Would like to have seen him politely excuse himself.

Donovan McWilson@DonDonMcWilson

@playerjoe141 4 Star Safety Marcus McWilson former UN commit, wll cmmt to Kentucky, will md public wthn nxt few days.” @MMcWilson4 nvr said

Donovan is a Junior at the same school. I'm presuming his brother.

Thats the tweet that has been going around. This Joe Adams guy is the only one reporting this.

did Marcus respond to this with ....nvr said....as in... I never said that? Dont understand twitterverse sometimes.

Donovan responded to the report of him flipping saying "(his brother) never said that."

To which, that Joe guy responded:

Joe Adams@playerjoe141

@DonDonMcWilson someone who I trust shared that info, and as blogger I was only passing along what I'd heard. Hope so, but if not I'm wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up, i was confused on who tweeted..nvr said and then the Adams guy was talking to Donovan McWilson all of the sudden. I think its safe to say that this rumor is

Mythbusters-Busted.jpg

It disappoints me that Marrow is doing this. Didn't take him long to embrace the culture of the SEC. Have fun winning 2 games every year.

I don't expect him to refrain from any Nebraska recruits forever - even next year. But it doesn't sit really well with me that he seemed to check in with everyone he had contact with. Not committed yet? I have no problem. Guys that have committed? Would like to have seen him politely excuse himself.

Sounds like the right thing to do. Maybe Marrow's thinking is desperate times calls for desperate measures. It is Kentucky football.

You can't blame Marrow for doing his job. If I'm the staff (or more specifically Bo) I would take this as a lesson not to have a GA out on the recruiting trail. There's no reason that we have an assistant coach who is "too hurt" (not competent enough) to make it out on the recruiting trail. Not to start a conversation about Cotton again, but it's honestly a joke.

i just find it hard that of all the teams and all the players you would instantly come right after your former team.... i mean it just seems so uncool to do.. i would never go and potch my friends GF or crap like that... just seems weak...

I can see both sides. Can't blame Marrow for doing his job and trying to bring in a big recruit for his new boss, but it is a real d bag thing to do.

i just find it hard that of all the teams and all the players you would instantly come right after your former team.... i mean it just seems so uncool to do.. i would never go and potch my friends GF or crap like that... just seems weak...

I can see both sides. Can't blame Marrow for doing his job and trying to bring in a big recruit for his new boss, but it is a real d bag thing to do.

Maybe Marrow isn't happy that he wasn't promoted and given a permanent coach position!? I don't know....It's pretty craptacular that he is pouching our players. Now, who's going to be NEB's TE's coach!?

I assume this is the current status: Marcus will visit Kentucky, but has not de-commited from NU that we know of (despite anectodal evidence of his removing of his NU commitment status from fb or twitter). Bo will make an in-home visit next week.

Bo has already visited. TJ will visit next week. He MAY visit kentucky. If he does he will find out that it doesnt compare.

I assume this is the current status: Marcus will visit Kentucky, but has not de-commited from NU that we know of (despite anectodal evidence of his removing of his NU commitment status from fb or twitter). Bo will make an in-home visit next week.

Bo has already visited. TJ will visit next week. He MAY visit kentucky. If he does he will find out that it doesnt compare.

I don't know...it's basketball season

You can't blame Marrow for doing his job. If I'm the staff (or more specifically Bo) I would take this as a lesson not to have a GA out on the recruiting trail. There's no reason that we have an assistant coach who is "too hurt" (not competent enough) to make it out on the recruiting trail. Not to start a conversation about Cotton again, but it's honestly a joke.

I'm not saying he shouldn't go after "our guys". I just think it would have been classy to stay away.

And I really disagree about having Marrow out recruiting for us. If that's not Barney's strong suit but Marrow (or whoever) is great at it, I take the opportunity to get him out there.

Bo can't, he's already had his in home according to the 1620 chat this morning.

Bo can't, he's already had his in home according to the 1620 chat this morning.

Correct. Bo was there Monday per 247. Head coaches only get one in-home.