SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

You're turning the definition of "tough" on its head. Suddenly being too timid to stand up to bigotry is toughness? Those who stood by and did nothing when the Nazis killed six million Jews (and Slavs and Gays, and the disabled) in concentration camps, those who were afraid to say anything when the Khmer Rouge killed over twenty percent of their own nation's population, and those who were afraid to stand up when some Hutu nationals killed a half million Tutsis in the course of a couple of weeks were some true effin bada$$es.

I can tell you won't make it very long here. I ment toughness in the fact that you shouldn't take that personal in the slightest. Relax. No baby seals were clubbed, no gays were burned at the stake. Nobody is chanting Hile Hitler. Relax. We are a bunch of adults posting on a message board. I don't believe political correctness is always a virtue.

I'm relaxed. I'm kicking back drinking a beer as I type. My pulse and blod pressure are within normal limts. But I appreciate your concern for my well being. By the way, we do agree on the fact that political correctness is not always a virtue. However, bigotry is always a vice.

You seem to be going out of your way to be offended. There are other boards out there where your sense of outrage will be welcomed. This isn't one, EZ-E is appreciated here, and to be blunt you haven't earned the chops to be calling anyone out. Why leave? Why Not?

He is the new punching bag yes? Reminds me of a song Calm down just calm down calm down just calm down.

Here's a subtlety that has escaped you.....he made himself the new punching bag. You remind me of another song, one toke over the line, Sweet Jesus.

I am from Sioux Falls and want to correct and add some information on here.

All kids from South Dakota are not going to be ranked high because South Dakota is not looked at and rightly so as having great competition. However, in the past decade or so, there has been a large spike in the number of Division I athletes out of South Dakota in a lot of different sports. And I am not talking about 1AA football or those type of schools. I am talking about the 6 BCS conference type schools.

The quarterback in the video on page 1 of this thread throwing the ball to Nate is Jon Hander. Jon's older brother Ryan quarterbacked at Sioux Falls Lincoln and is now pitching for your Nebraksa Cornhuskers baseball team.

Nate ran a 10.5 100 meters and 21.4 200 meters (fastest times) this past track season. He finished 2nd in the 100 at the state track meet and 1st in the 200.

Nate is as chiseled as any high school kid I have ever seen.

Sioux Falls Washington is the most dominant high school football program in South Dakota right now. They have been to 5 straight 11AA championship games (winning two) and they will be the pre season ranked #1 this coming fall.

In the past few years they have sent too many to list here players to colleges from NAIA, DII, D1AA and now 3 players to DI.

Two other players from Washington in recent years are Tom Farniok who started as a redshirt freshmen this past season at Iowa State (center) and Derek Farniok who will be a redshirt freshmen this fall and my understanding will most likely be 2nd string at an offensive tackle.

Sioux Falls Washington has roughly 2000 kids in high school. Sioux Falls has 160,000 people. It is a city that is very pro business...high achievement is encouraged and celebrated here. No one is made to feel guilty about their achievements, success or money. A type of atmosphere where doing big things and chasing your dream is encouraged.

I have coached against Nate in some sports when he was younger. Nate is a gamer. You will love him as a player. He will work his a$$ off. Whatever players you have on your team that are recognized for putting in the work, but also the extra work....that will be Nate. No one will work harder.

I have no idea how successful he wil be, but South Dakota has sent a handful of players to Nebraska to play football in the past and all have done fairly well. Doug Herrmann, Tom Welter, the Vedral brothers and so on.

All kids from South Dakota are not going to be ranked high because South Dakota is not looked at and rightly so as having great competition. However, in the past decade or so, there has been a large spike in the number of Division I athletes out of South Dakota in a lot of different sports. And I am not talking about 1AA football or those type of schools. I am talking about the 6 BCS conference type schools.

The quarterback in the video on page 1 of this thread throwing the ball to Nate is Jon Hander. Jon's older brother Ryan quarterbacked at Sioux Falls Lincoln and is now pitching for your Nebraksa Cornhuskers baseball team.

Nate ran a 10.5 100 meters and 21.4 200 meters (fastest times) this past track season. He finished 2nd in the 100 at the state track meet and 1st in the 200.

Sioux Falls Washington is the most dominant high school football program in South Dakota right now. They have been to 5 straight 11AA championship games (winning two) and they will be the pre season ranked #1 this coming fall.

In the past few years they have sent too many to list here players to colleges from NAIA, DII, D1AA and now 3 players to DI.

Two other players from Washington in recent years are Tom Farniok who started as a redshirt freshmen this past season at Iowa State (center) and Derek Farniok who will be a redshirt freshmen this fall and my understanding will most likely be 2nd string at an offensive tackle.

Sioux Falls Washington has roughly 2000 kids in high school. Sioux Falls has 160,000 people. It is a city that is very pro business...high achievement is encouraged and celebrated here. No one is made to feel guilty about their achievements, success or money. A type of atmosphere where doing big things and chasing your dream is encouraged.

I have coached against Nate in some sports when he was younger. Nate is a gamer. You will love him as a player. He will work his a$$ off. Whatever players you have on your team that are recognized for putting in the work, but also the extra work....that will be Nate. No one will work harder.

I have no idea how successful he wil be, but South Dakota has sent a handful of players to Nebraska to play football in the past and all have done fairly well. Doug Herrmann, Tom Welter, the Vedral brothers and so on.

Thanks for posting. Make no mistake, we are very happy to have him.

Well said, sir.

hes going to grow into a olb

Speculation or inside knowledge?

the fact that he is 6'2'' and over 200 lbs as a high school junior......

Sean Fisher, in high school, was 6'4" and 230. Most thought he'd end up at DE and that never happened.

I can see Gerry playing LB at this level. But if he stays at S, either FS or SS, he's going to get burned more than toast in Helen Keller's kitchen.

He runs a 4.4 40 at that size chief, you dont know as much as you think you do

Well I'm just grateful that you, with all your knowledge and infinite wisdom, are here to correct my ignorance. And since you say he runs a 4.4 in the 40 then he's absolutely guaranteed to be awesome.

:LOLtartar

:tv

What an outstanding prospect! Holy smoke, I'm sooooo glad be beat USC, Alabama, and Oklahoma for this kid's committment.

Agreed. Guess I am still pissed about Cox. Top 40 player and it seems the board didn't see that as a major fail. To me, seems like we are drooling over this guy. He is a "get", another prospect yes.

These are some of those full retard posts Paulie.

No full retard is blind "wow" at every single recruit. Some of us happen think that Gerry is a marginal prospect at best. If you don't like that opinion then too bad.

Of course you can disagree, hate to see the place become a circlejerk, but folks would prefer if you disagree without douching-up the thread.

Why is he margina at best? Are you assuming his measurables are fake? Rivals has him ranked pretty high as an athlete and he has about as good an offer-list as a South Dakota kid is going to get. Obvious others outside our staff don't share your sentiment.

I just re-watched his tape and am really excited about this kid playing safety for us. Dude plays the game fast, seems to have have great instincts and a real nose for the football. If I have one complaint about him, it's that sometimes he doesn't wrap up as well as he should (I'll see you in the out of context quotes thread), but that can be easily tidied up with coaching. I really think he has the potential to be a staple in our secondary.

Well I'm just grateful that you, with all your knowledge and infinite wisdom, are here to correct my ignorance. And since you say he runs a 4.4 in the 40 then he's absolutely guaranteed to be awesome.

Funny how you make fun of me and my infinite wisdom for disputing your arguement... with facts.... that he is indeed fast. And yet you fly off the wall and say hes going to get burnt like toast at the college level with nothing to back you up but your opinion from a 2 minute film. Hes 6'2 205 and runs a 4.40 40, not sure where you think he isnt fast enough..... for a freaking saftey non the less, that he is going to get burnt. ...running faster or as fast as most 5'10 180 corners.

Oh if only he were from florida and had a fourth star he would be an amazing addition. :sarcasm

Funny how you make fun of me and my infinite wisdom for disputing your arguement... with facts.... that he is indeed fast. And yet you fly off the wall and say hes going to get burnt like toast at the college level with nothing to back you up but your opinion from a 2 minute film. Hes 6'2 205 and runs a 4.40 40, not sure where you think he isnt fast enough..... for a freaking saftey non the less, that he is going to get burnt. ...running faster or as fast as most 5'10 180 corners.

Oh if only he were from florida and had a fourth star he would be an amazing addition. :sarcasm

Lol!

Please remind me to never have you as an enemy. :-)

Lol!

Please remind me to never have you as an enemy. :-)

Guys, I find it hard to believe we have to actually have this conversation after two years of Cassidy.

Just be happy the kid is fast. :D

• Fire 1

Article today from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader about Nate.

One correction. It says he had an offer from Michigan, but that should read Michigan State.

Also remember, that this past football season was the first Nate ever played defense. So if here are things on tape you are criticizing, keep that in mind.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20120619/COLUMNISTS0104/306190011/Whitney-Tradition-helped-lure-WHS-Nate-Gerry-Nebraska?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CSports&nclick_check=1

Article today from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader about Nate.

One correction. It says he had an offer from Michigan, but that should read Michigan State.

Also remember, that this past football season was the first Nate ever played defense. So if here are things on tape you are criticizing, keep that in mind.

http://www.arguslead...&nclick_check=1

His defensive highlights are some of the best I have seen from a DB this year.