VolQuest Reporting That Bo Has Reached Out to Tennessee

IF this is true... that's not very respectable imo. Get your ass handed to you like you never have before, in the conference title game no less.. and then try and hop on the first train out of lincoln. SMH.

If Bo is leaving, it's because he feels he's about to get fired... not because he feels he's on the verge of championships (sounds funny even saying doesn't it?).

Let me raise a serious question. Can we get Tressel? If this is happening, let's turn it into a positive folks.

Tressel is not worth the risk. NU is currently serving 2-years probation for the textbooks fiasco. Any slip-up by Tressel, no matter how small, could cripple our program with sanctions.

While the show-cause doesn't specifically prevent a team from hiring a coach, it does effectively serve as a ban in practice. Any school that employs Tressel must go before the NCAA infractions committee as to why it should be allowed to do so, and it could face its own sanctions as a result. The school also would have to issue a report to the committee every two months during the show-cause period detailing how it is monitoring the coach. Any additional violations committed by the coach during that time could really bring the NCAA hammer down on that school. And suffice it to say that most athletic programs don't want to spend any more time than absolutely necessary talking to the infractions people.

LINK

I see your point. Plus he's 60 years old.

If anyone feels bad about this... just head over to a vols message board. They will make you feel good about Tenn taking him off of our hands.

The guy who just got 70 points hung on him by an 8-5 wisconsin team?

Nebraska fans will tell you they do NOT play "good defense".

maybe he's trying to off load an assistant or two?

Or get one. Or maybe recruit a transfer or two. Doesnt he have to get permission to speak with anyone associated with the program, regardless of reason?

good point.

Well maybe. I was more or less asking. IThink Bo would have to get permission from NU and UT to so much as speak with a custodian at Tennessee. Am I right? Just wondering if someone who knows can confirm this. If so, it wouldnt surprise me one bit he contacted Tennessee, but it could be for the most minor of reasons. One of our assistants was employed there still exactly one year ago. We could speculate for hours on the reason. Then when someone finds out Bo contacted him, yes, the situations are very suggesting that he's asking about the coaching position. It's also much easier to report it as such.

Or get one. Or maybe recruit a transfer or two. Doesnt he have to get permission to speak with anyone associated with the program, regardless of reason?

good point.

Technically, Dooley was fired, so does that mean that Bo would still have to ask permission to talk to one of his old assistants about coming to NU?...

As for recruits, he doesn't have to ask permission IIRC, so that wouldn't make sense...

I am just going to take this piece of info with a grain of salt and take the wait-and-see approach. My instincts still tell me that Bo is here to stay and all of this is total BS started by people trying to stir sh#t up.

There could be something to the "trying to get an assistant" part of this because if I remember correctly the DC for Tennessee was just hired away from Alabama. Last time I checked, Bama was okay on D. Sunseri is his name I think.

If he is making contact for himself, this would be so disingenuous since he is making in home visits this week. I believe he has more integrity than to do something like this. If he was doing something on his own behalf, he would just send his assistants for in home visits. Just my opinion.

Not really. He has to keep moving forward in the job he has. He may not get hired over there, and these kids are not signed, so some might follow him there if he went.

It has always surprised me that Tennessee hasn't been able to be better than what they have been. SEC school with a huge stadium that is packed every Saturday with rabid fans. I'm sure they have the money to compete with anyone on facilities and coaches.

I guess of any of the SEC teams, I like Tennessee the most. Maybe it's because I was always a Peyton Manning fan. But, honestly, I don't understand why they haven't been able to have the success that LSU and Alabama have had.

@footballscoop At Arkansas, several agents & coaches felt that Bo Pelini had the job…and then Wisconsin rolled them Saturday night

If what knapp posted is true about Bo having the Arkansas job locked up until the conference title game fiasco went down... then this would make too much sense. Way too much sense.

It has always surprised me that Tennessee hasn't been able to be better than what they have been. SEC school with a huge stadium that is packed every Saturday with rabid fans. I'm sure they have the money to compete with anyone on facilities and coaches.

I guess of any of the SEC teams, I like Tennessee the most. Maybe it's because I was always a Peyton Manning fan. But, honestly, I don't understand why they haven't been able to have the success that LSU and Alabama have had.

Yeah, this. They fired Phil Fulmer 'cause he had a down year or two.

Where were you during all of the 1990s and early 00s?

Yeah, this. They fired Phil Fulmer 'cause he had a down year or two.

And we as Husker fans have something to say about that? :lol:

It's a bit hypocritical to be criticizing them for that after we fired Solich after a 9-win season and many people want to fire Bo after a 10-win season haha