SI.com: Michigan 2014 spring practice

zoogs

Andy Staples (SI.com): Michigan's new-look offense in need of major improvement

It is Hoke who keeps (correctly) insisting that the Wolverines play football to win championships. Given that, another season as average as the past two would likely generate some soul-searching by Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon (...) if it wants to reach the conference title game, a championship of any kind will require significant improvement from last fall's 7-6 campaign.

The statute of limitations on blaming Rich Rodriguez has passed. Hoke had little control over his first recruiting class, but he now has signed three classes in which he had a full cycle to recruit (...) Any flaws in Team 135 rest squarely on the shoulders of this staff. So, this group has to produce, and the quickest way to do that is for Nussmeier to breathe life into an offense that averaged 2.5 yards a carry during a stretch that saw the Wolverines go 2-6 in their final eight games of 2013. If Saturday is any indication, that's asking a lot of Nussmeier. (...)

Michigan opens on Aug. 30 against Appalachian State. What could possibly go wrong?

A look at our conference brothers up in Ann Arbor, who have been going through a fairly similar 'Get Back' period over most of the past decade.

If both our programs, equally under pressure, are just as good in rising to the occasion this year, we'll be meeting the Wolverines in December. That'd be cool to see -- I love the idea of a Nebraska/Michigan clash.

Shane Morris was a highly touted QB out of high school. Will he be the starter this fall?

Most likely. He got significant playing time last year when Gardner was hurt.

Not really. Gardner was hurt in the final game against OSU, but he finished the game. Morris only played in the bowl game.

From what I saw its a long way to go on both sides of the ball. Could be Hoke's last year. But I have heard rumor of John (not Jim) Harbaugh

being interested. That might be nice. Oh and I will miss playing Nebraska every year.

Shane Morris was a highly touted QB out of high school. Will he be the starter this fall?

Not really. Gardner was hurt in the final game against OSU, but he finished the game. Morris only played in the bowl game.

From what I saw its a long way to go on both sides of the ball. Could be Hoke's last year. But I have heard rumor of John (not Jim) Harbaugh

being interested. That might be nice. Oh and I will miss playing Nebraska every year.

Why would he leave an NFL team that he's won a Super Bowl with? Not to mention he's one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL, to go to a Michigan team that has been mediocre for quite sometime besides 2011?

Why would he leave an NFL team that he's won a Super Bowl with? Not to mention he's one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL, to go to a Michigan team that has been mediocre for quite sometime besides 2011?

He has ties to Ann Arbor like his brother. No idea if the rumor is even true, just thought it was funny.