AA calls out OL

lo country

It's going to be really interesting to see how they respond. I think we have the talent there to respond very well.

I think this is interesting because after his (I think) last carry on Saturday night, he just got up and flipped the ball to the ref and his body language looked like he wasn't happy.

I noticed that too. Kinda like that should have 200 yards not 100

I love that this is coming from Abdullah, one of the team's best players and an outspoken leader. The vibe and tone set by the players this year is palpably different than in years past, don't you guys think?

I think they're going to do big things this year.

Yes and this needed to happen. Someone needs to step up to the plate like this every year.

It's going to be really interesting to see how they respond. I think we have the talent there to respond very well.

I think this is interesting because after his (I think) last carry on Saturday night, he just got up and flipped the ball to the ref and his body language looked like he wasn't happy.

I noticed that too. Kinda like that should have 200 yards not 100

I think the plan was just to get him to 100 yards and he knew that carry got him there and his day was done. I'm sure he thinks he should have gotten more, but I don't think that specific reaction was anything more than him knowing that was his last carry.

The article makes it sound like Ameer was bagging on his lineman. I didn't get that from the interview. It sounded to me like he thought they did okay, but there was room for improvement.

For example, it sounded like the question was: "How did the offensive line do (against Fresno)?"' The article wrote that Ameer said: "We have to get better." But that little snippet cut off the first part of his answer. Ameer's actual response was "Uhh, fairly, well. We have to get better."

Sure, it's a subtle difference. But if you listen to the interview it doesn't sound like he's calling out the O-line. He's just saying they have room for improvement. Which is true.

• Fire 3

Damn you and your fancypants logical explanations Nu!

I think we'd all prefer the narrative we had drawn up about AA calling out the OL, because frankly a lot of people had noticed the line play has been lacking so far against lesser competition and it needs to be better.

I like Abdullah a lot not only for the skills he brings to the team but his brutal honestly after the McNeese game and now this snippet. He honestly reminds me of Burkhead. They both embody the values we want our football team to be all about, but Ameer is actually bold enough to start throwing his weight around and asking for accountability from the team for poor play. I'm not saying Rex wasn't brave enough to do that, that was just not his personality.

We need way more Ameer Abdullahs leading this team.

The article makes it sound like Ameer was bagging on his lineman. I didn't get that from the interview. It sounded to me like he thought they did okay, but there was room for improvement.

For example, it sounded like the question was: "How did the offensive line do (against Fresno)?"' The article wrote that Ameer said: "We have to get better." But that little snippet cut off the first part of his answer. Ameer's actual response was "Uhh, fairly, well. We have to get better."

Sure, it's a subtle difference. But if you listen to the interview it doesn't sound like he's calling out the O-line. He's just saying they have room for improvement. Which is true.

So, a NUance?
  • Fire 3

Damn you and your fancypants logical explanations Nu!

I think we'd all prefer the narrative we had drawn up about AA calling out the OL, because frankly a lot of people had noticed the line play has been lacking so far against lesser competition and it needs to be better.

I like Abdullah a lot not only for the skills he brings to the team but his brutal honestly after the McNeese game and now this snippet. He honestly reminds me of Burkhead. They both embody the values we want our football team to be all about, but Ameer is actually bold enough to start throwing his weight around and asking for accountability from the team for poor play. I'm not saying Rex wasn't brave enough to do that, that was just not his personality.

We need way more Ameer Abdullahs leading this team.

The tweet I first saw on this claimed he called out the O line in a classy way. I still think that's what he did. A true leader can point out flaws in a way that doesn't turn off people or turn people against the leader. That is how this seems to me.