Coach Hughes

Like most things in football it starts with an attitude. A sense of tenacity. And the first step in us getting that back is to install a scheme and style that allows for that tenacity and agressiveness. Bos defenses were way too much about tentativeness and holding guys back with overcoached schematics

• Fire 1

Anyone else thinking top 20 defense? I am!

Just so long as fans dont get this itchy feeling to need a lock down, total shutdown unit. That is so hard to have in today's offensively favored game. We're gonna give up some yards. We're gonna give up some points. But as long as the overall big picture is successful and we're not giving up record setting performances every time we step under the bright lights, we should be fine.

What I find interesting is that when Bo came in, he had two DLinemen waiting here to turn into a dominating force in Suh and Crick. The change in scheme and coaching was exactly what those two needed to turn our defense into one of the best in the nation. THEN, it all went down hill from there.

NOW...we have two D lineman waiting here for a change in scheme and I predict that they are going to come out and dominate.

Hopefully this time, the staff can continue to recruit those types of guys so there isn't a huge drop off in 3-5 years like there was under Bo.

What this next 2 years will tell me is what our previous staff really lacked. Was it scheme or talent? We will soon find out

I got in a pretty good argument with a friend the other night. Still pretty bitter about the firing. To start, the discussion ended with a 100$ bet that we would be a .500 team this year, that he believes. Hell, I wanted to give him the benefit by making it 9 wins as the benchmark. Nope. He says .500. But he's also one of them guys that gets flustered when you provide facts and then he wont let you speak. So basically, we're goin 6-6 or worse next year. Pretty comical considering when asked, he couldnt tell me the 6 teams that are gonna beat us.