Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

3 minutes ago, husker98 said:

I really wish we would drop adidas. Their involvement in the basketball scandal has soured me on them a lot.

Yeah, if you think Nike is clean, you are sorely mistaken.  Nike (Arizona, USC, Oklahoma State) and UA (Auburn) schools have also been named in the recent FBI probe.

Also, last I heard the FBI agent might have entrapped the young sports agent involved, and the FBI agent misappropriated funds.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/05/23/fbi-agents-ncaa-basketball-investigation-las-vegas

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Edison's Enemy said:

That could be seen as a good or bad thing. Adidas is obviously the hot name, but based on the deals they’ve signed since, it seems Red Dead Airgun should have been able to get a bit more.

Adidas is giving more to the basketball schools with the hope of the players from those schools will make it big in the NBA and will rep adidas as a pro.  People buy way more basketball shoes than football shoes. 

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, if you think Nike is clean, you are sorely mistaken.  Nike (Arizona, USC, Oklahoma State) and UA (Auburn) schools have also been named in the recent FBI probe.

Also, last I heard the FBI agent might have entrapped the young sports agent involved, and the FBI agent misappropriated funds.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/05/23/fbi-agents-ncaa-basketball-investigation-las-vegas

Sign with Puma!

14 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Adidas is giving more to the basketball schools with the hope of the players from those schools will make it big in the NBA and will rep adidas as a pro.  People buy way more basketball shoes than football shoes. 

Pretty much this!

• Plus1 1

23 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What???  And pick up Nike??  They they are clean as a whistle???

23 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Did I Say Nike?

It could be Russell athletic or Reebok for all I care. I just want a different outfitter that's not what we have now. I don't expect them to be perfect mind you before you jump to that conclusion too.

With adidas and Nike having their skeletons jump out of the closet I wonder about UA and what they are like as an outfitter

4 hours ago, husker98 said:

It could be Russell athletic or Reebok for all I care.

Reebok does nothing to get us away from the scandal - they're owned by Adidas.

• Plus1 1