Gun Control

IDK, I guess I would need it explained to me how the reasonable limits I outlined a few posts above have not already been adopted and agreed upon. If you would like more or less than these stipulations placed on owning a gun, please explain it. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

No existing law would have...

THAT

IS

THE

PROBLEM!

Now, yes or no?

Seriously, are you purposefully being obtuse? This thread is about gun control, about something needing to be done (as in new laws). What NEW law would prevent this from happening, prevent this guy from getting a gun?

NOTHING WOULD HAVE!

THAT

IS

THE

PROBLEM!

Now, yes or no?

Seriously, you still don't understand what I am asking? This thread is about gun control, about something needing to be done (as in new laws). What NEW law would prevent this from happening, prevent this guy from getting a gun?

NOTHING WOULD HAVE!

Well considering he was on a terrorist watch list and still was able to buy a gun a week before he shot the club up, this comment is completely off base.

THAT

IS

THE

PROBLEM!

Now, yes or no?

Seriously, are you purposefully being obtuse? This thread is about gun control, about something needing to be done (as in new laws). What NEW law would prevent this from happening, prevent this guy from getting a gun?

NOTHING WOULD HAVE!

Dude - I feel like you're only reading about every other word that people type. And seriously, no need for all caps.

• Fire 1

There are zero constitutional protections for the ownership of motor vehicles in this country.

Has that compromised our freedom? Or, for that matter, caused the government to take our cars away?

More to the point, cars were killing tens of thousands of Americans every year.

The government studied the issue and in collaboration with auto-makers and highway safety experts, they reduced automotive deaths per capita by 35%, while Americans maintained all the freedom of their cars.

Something like that would be possible with guns, and supported by a majority of Americans, if the NRA didn't treat everything as a hysterical attack on its own narrow definition of "freedom."

• Fire 1

THAT

IS

THE

PROBLEM!

Now, yes or no?

Seriously, you still don't understand what I am asking? This thread is about gun control, about something needing to be done (as in new laws). What NEW law would prevent this from happening, prevent this guy from getting a gun?

NOTHING WOULD HAVE!

Well considering he was on a terrorist watch list and still was able to buy a gun a week before he shot the club up, this comment is completely off base.

Exactly. Given the choice between stopping terrorists and selling every gun possible, the NRA and its store-bought Congress sided with the terrorists.

I can think of a few laws that might have prevented him from obtaining a semiautomatic assault rifle with 30-bullet magazines that can fire somewhere between "45 rounds in one minute" and "24 in nine seconds":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaPekvHYX0c

I rest in the comfortable freedom of knowing some other angry 20something is going to get their hands on the same kind of firepower some day without breaking a sweat.

THE LARGEST MASS SHOOTING IN US HISTORY HAPPENED December 29,1890. When 297 Sioux Indians at Wounded Knee Creek on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota were murdered by federal agents & members of the 7th Cavalry who had come to confiscate their firearms “FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY AND PROTECTION”. The slaughter began after the majority of the Sioux had peacefully turned in their firearms. The Calvary began shooting, and managed to wipe out the entire camp. 200 of the 297 victims were women and children.

Wounded Knee was among the first federally backed gun confiscation attempts in United States history. It ended in the senseless murder of 297 people.

The Second Amendment, the right of the people to take up arms in defense of themselves, their families, and property in the face of invading armies or an oppressive government. The Second Amendment was written by people who fled oppressive and tyrannical regimes in Europe, and it refers to the right of American citizens to be armed for defensive purposes, should such tyranny arise in the United States.

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we should vehemently resist any attempts to infringe on our Rights to Bear Arms. Without the Second Amendment we will be totally stripped of any ability to defend ourselves and our families.

gun control and what it can lead too

What you've just done here is taken a conversation about how to better regulate the dispersement of guns and turned it into 'here come the Liberals trying to take all our guns."

You can pretty it up all you want.. Gun control is contrary to the second amendment!

It's tiresome to keep bringing it up, but surely the words "well-regulated" were inserted for a reason by the authors of that sacred document.

Oh sh#t. You have a totally canned response for that already, don't you?

Fire away.

You really should learn what that means before spouting off!

THAT

IS

THE

PROBLEM!

Now, yes or no?

NOTHING WOULD HAVE!

So what you are honestly saying is that there is nothing anybody can do at all ever about gun violence, so we shouldn't do anything because of your loose interpretation of the 2nd amendment?

Well, that's an interesting opinion if nothing else I guess?

THAT

IS

THE

PROBLEM!

Now, yes or no?

NOTHING WOULD HAVE!

Dude - I feel like you're only reading about every other word that people type. And seriously, no need for all caps.

Dude? Are you 20something?

You can feel what ever you please.. he kept talking about current laws, when I asked about any law, new or current. Asking "What law" does not mean just a current law, especially when this thread is about new gun control measures. he now thinks some measures should be ok. I merely want to know what measure would have stopped him.

THAT

IS

THE

PROBLEM!

Now, yes or no?

NOTHING WOULD HAVE!

So what you are honestly saying is that there is nothing anybody can do at all ever about gun violence, so we shouldn't do anything because of your loose interpretation of the 2nd amendment?

Well, that's an interesting opinion if nothing else I guess?

unreal.. No, that is not what I am saying.. about gun control? yes! Like I have said before, this is a society issue, not a gun issue.

We need to fix society.. Abortions (killing of hundreds of thousands of babies each day), the lack or morality, violence in everything..