Trump's America

zoogs

Trump's failure to condemn Nazis/KKK/White Supremacists is tacit approval of their existence.

He's going to need to get out in front of this or he's not going to have a prayer of a chance in 2020 2016. Swing voters will not vote for a Nazi sympathizer.

Alas, conservatives and Republicans will still come home.

Trump's failure to condemn Nazis/KKK/White Supremacists is tacit approval of their existence.

He's going to need to get out in front of this or he's not going to have a prayer of a chance in 2020 2016. Swing voters will not vote for a Nazi sympathizer.

Are you saying all conservatives and/or Republicans are Trump supporters and Nazi sympathizers?

Indeed. Trump is still the man they tried to distance themselves from in the 2016 primaries, right up until the last second when they offered their toadying endorsements and used him as cover for their own retrograde and anti-democratic purposes.

They will denounce Trump and offer up Pence as proof of their better nature, then continue to pursue hurtful policies, including the redistricting, voter supression and civil rights reversals that actually allow racism to come true.

• Fire 3

Are you saying all conservatives and/or Republicans are Trump supporters and Nazi sympathizers?

I'm saying that these features of Trump were all true in the 2016 election -- and they came home.

Not all of them. But scoreboard.

I hope they'll do better than this at the next opportunity. I hope we'll all do better. Let's prove it first. It's become impossible to assume otherwise; benefit of the doubt has been shattered.

Ronald Reagan had something to say about these people.

Another takeaway from Reagan denouncing racists is this: That was 30 years ago, and they were dealing with the same problems. We will never get rid of racism. Us vs. Them is ingrained in our DNA since before our ancestors came down out of the trees. All we can do is fight against it wherever we see it.

Knapp, can you summarize. I couldn't get it to play.

Thanks

On the third day after the terrorist attack in Charlottesville, Trump finally responds with the bare minimum he should:

There's no reason this statement couldn't have been made immediately. The intervening days between attack and statement embolden those who hate.

• Fire 1

Words are important. Actions speak louder:

Also from the latter:

There was a multi-day debate in the White House about whether or not the President should condemn Nazis. Thank about that for a moment.

I can't wait for the "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" defenses of Trump, our Victim-in-Chief.

• Fire 2

I'm saying that these features of Trump were all true in the 2016 election -- and they came home.

Not all of them. But scoreboard.

I hope they'll do better than this at the next opportunity. I hope we'll all do better. Let's prove it first. It's become impossible to assume otherwise; benefit of the doubt has been shattered.

Ok. I now take this to mean the politicians (not average Joe conservative) that were so outspoken against him that quickly fell in line when it was apparent he might win. I can see that point of view. :thumbs