Spring Practice - What Does the New Defense Look Like?

Interesting comment on the Defensive Line:

Natter got props for batting down a pass at the line. The comment from the media guy watching practice was that kind of thing would be important as linemen "no longer will be rushing the passer" in Diaco's scheme.

• Fire 1

Interesting comment on the Defensive Line:

Natter got props for batting down a pass at the line. The comment from the media guy watching practice was that kind of thing would be important as linemen "no longer will be rushing the passer" in Diaco's scheme.

They were rushing the passer in Banker's system?
  • Fire 3

I really like Diaco and he has had one practice with these guys. His energy and fire alone are going to make these guys want to give it their all on defense. I like his attitude of not allowing players to take an easy way out, I feel this upcoming season the defense will want to make tackles and be fundamentally sound. His job is to limit big plays and I feel we will give up significantly less big plays and give up less points next year. Even with the transition to a different defense.

I really like Diaco and he has had one practice with these guys. His energy and fire alone are going to make these guys want to give it their all on defense. I like his attitude of not allowing players to take an easy way out, I feel this upcoming season the defense will want to make tackles and be fundamentally sound. His job is to limit big plays and I feel we will give up significantly less big plays and give up less points next year. Even with the transition to a different defense.

Maybe I am reaching here, but the 2017 season is looking a lot like 1993.

Up until 1992, Nebraska ran the old 5-2. Then, switched to the 4-3 starting in 1993.

Hopefully we see a similar run like what we had in the 90's.

• Fire 1