Pac-12 Trying Shorter Halftimes

No reason college football has 20+ minute halftimes when the NFL halftime is 12 minutes.

And I don't want to hear about how college needs a longer halftime b/c of the band. I am not paying $80-100/ticket to see the band.

You just insulted 75% of the Big Ten fans

But I agree

No reason college football has 20+ minute halftimes when the NFL halftime is 12 minutes.

And I don't want to hear about how college needs a longer halftime b/c of the band. I am not paying $80-100/ticket to see the band.

But I agree

Screw 'em.

If you are A&M and have the kick ass band that marches up and down the field and its awesome, then take the full 25 minutes (they did that in '99 in Memorial, it was amazing). But how many tributes to West Side Story (and their like) do I have to listen to from the band where the move around slightly in formation?

• Fire 1

But I agree

Screw 'em.

If you are A&M and have the kick ass band that marches up and down the field and its awesome, then take the full 25 minutes (they did that in '99 in Memorial, it was amazing). But how many tributes to West Side Story (and their like) do I have to listen to from the band where the move around slightly in formation?

I like the idea of shorter halftimes but most Buckeye fans like to watch the TBDBITL. I would also like less tv timeouts.

I have a couple of problems with this. First being, the marching bands put in countless hours of practice to entertain football audiences. They deserve the time to perform. I would be for a shorter halftime but not a shorter marching band performance. Fewer advertisements maybe? As for you paying $80-$100 for your ticket, I could say the same thing about getting blasted by 30-40 points being not worth your money either :)

But I agree

Screw 'em.

This post has me laughing out loud. Nail on the head.

I have a couple of problems with this. First being, the marching bands put in countless hours of practice to entertain football audiences. They deserve the time to perform. I would be for a shorter halftime but not a shorter marching band performance. Fewer advertisements maybe? As for you paying $80-$100 for your ticket, I could say the same thing about getting blasted by 30-40 points being not worth your money either :)

Maybe I am in the minority but I go to a football game to watch football. All the tv timeouts and the long halftime takes away from flow of the game.

• Fire 4

Yes, I get that they put in a lot of hours. But so does the show choir and they don't perform at halftime.

• Fire 1