2017 Season Predictions Poll

zoogs

Season Predictions Poll  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's put in our guesses for the 2017 Nebraska Football season! Last year's thread: http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/79968-2016-season-predictions-thread/?mode=show

--

Me, I feel this has got an 8-9 win vibe to it; that is, 8-5 or 9-4 including a bowl game. It feels like 2005, with a little bit of 2008. We have some promising talent and youth on both sides of the ball, but we're also clearly not a team that has put it all together. What we do have is a pretty talented QB who will be in his first year starting.

There'll be growing pains, it'll be fun to watch, and hopefully Tanner Lee above all returns next season in what has the potential to be a stellar 2018 campaign for the Huskers.

With 8-9 wins and respectable showings all around, we'll have some positive recruiting buzz to secure and finish off this pretty sweet recruiting class -- as well as build momentum for the next one. Yes, there's some hope projection going in here. I don't think it's reasonable to expect too much more than this right now; we know where we are. This will make for a really enjoyable year, IMO. Future looks bright.

I think Ohio State and Penn State (in Happy Valley) will be tough. Wisconsin and Iowa don't beat themselves and Oregon/Northwestern/Minnesota will give us more than we want.

I'd like to think we win all those last three but I'm guessing we lose the first two, split the middle two and lose one of the third for an 8-4 regular season (no CCG).

Who know what a bowl game will bring so I went with 8 wins and 5 losses - either losing the bowl game or slipping up on one more of the above.

• Fire 1

That's more or less the same thinking for me. If we can get out of the regular season with 9 wins I'll be immensely impressed. The reasonable ceiling to me feels like a 9-3 regular season, plus a bowl win.

As it is, 8-5 with either a bowl loss or a 5-loss regular season appear to be the two most likely scenarios to me.

I think 8-5 with a bowl win included. I have losses to OSU, PSU, Oregon, Wisconsin. And then I think we drop either Minnesota or Iowa late as some depth issues start to arise.

Then with some good time to get healthy and prepare, MR gets the team amped up for a promising, state of the program bowl win and then we have a great year in '18.

• Fire 1

10-2 regular season. Losses to Ohio State and Penn State. CCG loss to Ohio State. Bowl win. 11-3 final record.

Positive outlook.

I went the same way except I didn't pick the unknown bowl game so I was 10-3 but it would be 10-4 or 11-3. Positive outlook for now.....subject to change at a moments notice.