2017 Season Predictions Poll

zoogs

Season Predictions Poll  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the vast majority of Nebraska fans are ready to be positive. I do not expect miracles. But I expect to see a team that works together, appear to be learning a system. Of course injuries are the most concerning thing, and I do not believe our depth is up to par yet.

I would really like to see a united and happy fan base. It has been awhile.

• Fire 2

I don't see 8-4 as a disaster, but really do not see it as an improvement. It would mean most likely losing to two of the teams we really are in competition with. The team has to get over the Wisconsin/Iowa deal for me to see it as an improvement. A lot of new shiney things to use and prove, so I can see your point.

I just have a very positive feeling about this year. I think it is the year the kids really come together and the coaching staff makes sense. I seldom do these polls, but seem to be more hopeful this season than in a long time.

• Fire 1

You're really high on Oregon :D

I don't even think they will get to 10 wins, but it's just timing and being in Eugene. NU Defense will still be working on being a complete unit. I think this is the year that NU finishes a year pretty strong.

Tanner Lee has me legitimately worried about the game though, zoogs! I think it will be a REALLY high scoring game!

• Fire 1

I don't even think they will get to 10 wins, but it's just timing and being in Eugene. NU Defense will still be working on being a complete unit. I think this is the year that NU finishes a year pretty strong.

Tanner Lee has me legitimately worried about the game though, zoogs! I think it will be a REALLY high scoring game!

But Diaco will be keeping the points down with his defense. I doubt Oregon gets any good film off of what we are going to do because Arky State will be basic 3-4 or maybe 4-3 to throw off potential opponents. With that said, I would not mind us showing formations we need to work on and coming out with our true and best defensive packages against Oregon. It seems you guys are killing it with getting corners, but I don't see elite lineman on either side to do you any favors, if Tanner Lee has all day he will torch the talented secondary. it will be an exciting game that I think will go down to the wire and who makes less mistakes.

• Fire 1

But Diaco will be keeping the points down with his defense. I doubt Oregon gets any good film off of what we are going to do because Arky State will be basic 3-4 or maybe 4-3 to throw off potential opponents. With that said, I would not mind us showing formations we need to work on and coming out with our true and best defensive packages against Oregon. It seems you guys are killing it with getting corners, but I don't see elite lineman on either side to do you any favors, if Tanner Lee has all day he will torch the talented secondary. it will be an exciting game that I think will go down to the wire and who makes less mistakes.

I actually think our secondary isn't very good at all despite all the experience coming back. We just moved our best (statistically) safety to the other side of the ball to play receiver. No one knows if it's permanent but The WR depth isn't great. Talented but inexperienced and no depth.

I also disagree about the play in the trenches. I really like the OL, young group that all started last year and we get a potential all America type guy back from injury (Crosby missed 2016). DL makes me more nervous but how can any Oregon fan truly not be nervous about a defensive unit. Which is why I think the game will be high scoring.

We will score points, but we're gunna give up crazy numbers to TLee and any water boy playing receiver.

I just don't see the Husker defense being very stout out of the gate with the transition to the 3-4. They will get there but in my opinion not in week 2.

The closer the season gets, the stronger my koolaid gets. A month ago I was sure that the Huskers wouldn't top 8 regular season wins. I thought a loss to OSU and PSU were sure things. And Wisc, Iowa, Oregon, Northwestern, and Minnesota were toss ups; meaning the Huskers would likely lose at least 2 of the 5.

Now, 4 weeks away, I'm trying to convince myself that OSU is beatable at home and PSU is really being overrated. Currently thinking a 1-loss or even undefeated regular season is entirely possible if not likely.

That said, this is a poll that will be brought up next year so I'll go a little closer with my "pre-koolaid" prediction: 9-4. I think the Huskers lose to OSU, Wisconsin, Penn State, and either Oregon/Iowa/bowl game.

(that ought to cover my bases for when we bring this up again next year)

• Fire 1

NU should be taking steps forward this year. If Lee is the QB that is missing from Riley's first two years, NU should still win at least 9 wins in the regular season. I can't make predictions on the CCG or bowl game without seeing the opponent.

I see people saying that Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, and Iowa are the toughest games (I won't include Northwestern in that list). If NU goes worse than 2-3 in those games, then Riley should be considered the "big-game loser" that Bo was.

If Riley manages to go 2-3 in the "big games" and still loses a game or two against Northwestern, Minny, Purdue, Illinois, or Rutgers, that is still not a good season.

I will say that NU goes 9-3, and it will be a decent season in my opinion. If NU is able to go 10-2, I will say good job to players and coaches.

• Fire 2