** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Oh and plenty of comments about cornfields and that recruits would never want to come here. My guess is that less than 5% of UCF fans and these posters have ever stepped foot in Nebraska

I’ve never understood this narrative. Even in down years our recruiting is in the mid to low 20s nationally. Cally pulled a top 5 class. The geography hasn’t changed. The right coach can recruit here. Where have UCF recruiting classes ranked. There are kids on the team that went 0-12 3 years ago. Coaching matters folks. Let them think what they want before they fade back into irrelevance. 

• Plus1 1

Tin foil hat moment:  Was Frost interested in the N job when Pelini was hired?  Was he hurt that he wasn't contacted when Riley was hired?  Do you think he has been trying to prove all this time with Oregon and UCF that he can and should be a successful coach at Nebraska?

7 minutes ago, jauken said:

Sure was!!!   And you have zero clue he hasn’t or he wouldn’t.  I have been wanting frost at NU for years and will feel better once his signature is onnpaper

I do know he hasnt and wouldn't because as soon as he did it would be everywhere. That information is a lot harder to hide than a verbal contract. 

2 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Who are the worst fans in college football?

From a BIG perspective I would say OSU and I have seen this referenced in other forums of fans who visited in Columbus. These same fans had really great things to say about their trips to Lincoln....and it wasnt because they kicked our a*s.  lol

Edited by HuskerNation1
Just now, RedNebraskan said:

Tin foil hat moment:  Was Frost interested in the N job when Pelini was hired?  Was he hurt that he wasn't contacted when Riley was hired?  Do you think he has been trying to prove all this time with Oregon and UCF that he can and should be a successful coach at Nebraska?

I truly believe he was warned away from the job by TO when Eichorst was here

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

While he may have been disappointed,  I think he was counseled to wait.  He wasn't ready.  Now he's paid his dues and is ready.  (Just my opinion.)

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

I’ve never understood this narrative. Even in down years our recruiting is in the mid to low 20s nationally. Cally pulled a top 5 class. The geography hasn’t changed. The right coach can recruit here. Where have UCF recruiting classes ranked. There are kids on the team that went 0-12 3 years ago. Coaching matters folks. Let them think what they want before they fade back into irrelevance. 

According to what service. Yes we can recruit here but a down recruiting year can mean as low as mid 30s. I'd say an average to good class here is 25-20 and a great class is breaking into the top 15. 

1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

How come?

I lived there a bit in the early 2000’s when Bama was really down and out and Auburn was good. I would listen to local talk radio on my commute every day. I just have no words to explain the stupidity, ignorance and hatefulness I would hear on a daily basis. I would say the Auburn fans were probably the worse of the two tho

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I do know he hasnt and wouldn't because as soon as he did it would be everywhere. That information is a lot harder to hide than a verbal contract. 

I didn’t say he had.  Just was asking Hedley if there is a chance it’s signed and maybe sitting in moos drawer.   We all have heard it’s a done deal via Lars, espn guy.  So was wondering if Hedley sources knew yet

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21588855/scott-frost-hurt-nebraska-cornhuskers-interested-wants-focus-ucf-knights

National attention baby.

Sort of stupid arguments on here though.  One of them says based on the past few years, we can't get in state recruits, and that Scott wouldn't come here and would be a good fit if he wasn't a Nebraska guy.  

Edited by RedNebraskan