** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, jauken said:

I didn’t say he had.  Just was asking Hedley if there is a chance it’s signed and maybe sitting in moos drawer.   We all have heard it’s a done deal via Lars, espn guy.  So was wondering if Hedley sources knew yet

And Hedley has said a contract was agreed to "in principle." Guarantee that is what lars means when he says it's a done deal. Frost is coming but he has not signed the contract and he won't until after his game Saturday. Seriously just chill there will be no information regarding a contract being signed until the end of the weekend. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

I have not checked the final 2013 team recruiting rankings, but that was the year UCF won the Fiesta Bowl, and my guess is that they had some talent that is now getting a lot of playing time in 2017.  

But a lot of Frost's recruits have played a big role too.

6 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21588855/scott-frost-hurt-nebraska-cornhuskers-interested-wants-focus-ucf-knights

National attention baby.

Sort of stupid arguments on here though.  One of them says based on the past few years, we can't get in state recruits, and that Scott wouldn't come here and would be a good fit if he wasn't a Nebraska guy.  

Pollack makes me cringe. 

• Plus1 3

7 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21588855/scott-frost-hurt-nebraska-cornhuskers-interested-wants-focus-ucf-knights

National attention baby.

Sort of stupid arguments on here though.  One of them says based on the past few years, we can't get in state recruits, and that Scott wouldn't come here and would be a good fit if he wasn't a Nebraska guy.  

'Bring back the triple option' - Somebody tell McElroy Osborne Didn't run a triple option offense. It was power running with option plays.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Can’t remember. 2005 class I believe. I know 247 ranked it 8th but I think there was another service that had it 5

I thought his best class was around 13 or so for some reason but you were right, 8th in composite. But that class had an average star rating of just under .86 which is not very good. Definitely got boosted by numbers. I think Frost can continue what Riley is doing getting that star rating up closer to .90 and then do a better job of filling the classes out completely. No more undersigning.

3 minutes ago, Redux said:

Overall Worst:

Missouri

Kansas State

Colorado

Tennessee

Alabama

Miami

Iowa

Texas

Not Overall but has some awful:

Georgia

Florida

Ohio State

Oklahoma

Auburn

Florida State

Wisconsin

I will agree about Mizzou. Only road game I ever went to and they threw beer bottles and corn at us. 

27 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

I’ve never understood this narrative. Even in down years our recruiting is in the mid to low 20s nationally. Cally pulled a top 5 class. 

i don't understand why you don't understand the narrative, because it is true to an extent. We are an incredibly rural and sparsely populated state as well as being geographically isolated from all of the concentrations of good recruits.

Further, our '03 class was ranked 35th, our '09 class was ranked 40th, our '12 class was ranked 32nd, our '14 class was ranked 35th, our '15 class was ranked 30th.

Those numbers are not good. What other blue blood program has classes in the 30's or worse more than once, maybe twice a decade? The answer is none, because we're the only one with our geographical disadvantage.

21 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

From a BIG perspective I would say OSU and I have seen this referenced in other forums of fans who visited in Columbus. These same fans had really great things to say about their trips to Lincoln....and it wasnt because they kicked our a*s.  lol

No way. Don't you remember their entire stadium chanting, "Tommy!" when TA came back into the stadium after getting knocked out last year? 

Colorado has the worst fans. Nobody else is close. 

• Plus1 4