SI: Scott Frost's Plan to Lead Nebraska out of the Darkness

Great read but two points were made that a local writer - certainly a fan - would have deeper, more accurate analysis. 

“Pelini’s volatility, put on public display in the form of his frequent sideline meltdowns, clashed with the administration led by the previous athletic director, Shawn Eichorst.”

Nitpicky? Perhaps. But I still believe the clash was with Perlman originally, who forced out TO for SE to do his dirty work. That’s not to release SE from responsibility, he was bad.

“The Badgers’ rise—led by Tom Osborne disciple Barry Alvarez, first as head coach and now as athletic director—has mirrored the Huskers’ decline.”

Barry was a Devaney player, not from the tree of Osborne. The rest of the connection is correct though. 

• Plus1 2

@Savage Husker I noticed that too. Alvarez's playing days were before Osborne was named OC. Osborne was an unpaid assistant on offense at the time, I believe, and Alvarez played linebacker. I'm sure they'd met, but probably didn't know each other too well.

• Plus1 1

Jesus......I got goosebumps reading that article, not afraid to admit reading it gave me a small bit of mistiness to my eyes as well. Everything feels right with this situation, that doesn't mean we'll win a N.C. in two years or five years, but it means this terrible 20 year decline might be coming to an end. Scott gets it, he's lived it, knows the pressure cooker and culture that is Lincoln and has this coolness and calmness about him we haven't seen in a looooong time. I can't wait to see where this all goes, we've done our time in hell, time to climb out of that hole. 

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Jesus......I got goosebumps reading that article, not afraid to admit reading it gave me a small bit of mistiness to my eyes as well. Everything feels right with this situation, that doesn't mean we'll win a N.C. in two years or five years, but it means this terrible 20 year decline might be coming to an end. Scott gets it, he's lived it, knows the pressure cooker and culture that is Lincoln and has this coolness and calmness about him we haven't seen in a looooong time. I can't wait to see where this all goes, we've done our time in hell, time to climb out of that hole. 

Yep - if you are a long term fan- this gets a lump in your throat.  It is amazing the change in attitude in Huskerland from November to now. One word sums it up:  Hope.

• Plus1 1