LB Justin Okoronkwo [Alabama - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

4 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Okoronkwo commit?

• Nebraska
    • Michigan
    • Maryland

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

Saban done snatched him up. He is now the chaser trying to catch up with Georgia.

If there is one missing piece to Georgia’s national title last season is they didn’t play Bama. Plus they were 1 and 1 the previous season against them. Don’t get me wrong, Georgia is great. I’m just not ready yet to say Bama is chasing them since the Tide has won three out of four against Georgia with Smart. If Georgia can beat them again, I might be ready to say that. 

• TBH 1

13 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

If there is one missing piece to Georgia’s national title last season is they didn’t play Bama. Plus they were 1 and 1 the previous season against them. Don’t get me wrong, Georgia is great. I’m just not ready yet to say Bama is chasing them since the Tide has won three out of four against Georgia with Smart. If Georgia can beat them again, I might be ready to say that. 

I think we are starting to see a slight decline with Bama, as was expected, and I won't be shocked to see Sagan just retire at the end of the season.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Wow and just like that he is off the board again.  I hate when things are published that someone is considering 3 teams but in reality they have their mind made up already.  If he knew he was going to Alabama great just don't give anybody the runaround that your considering other teams as well when your not.  Why don't you come out and say I decommitted from here to go to here that's plain and simple???

He may not have known he was going to Alabama. Then, they probably gave him the talk about committing to them, or his spot would be taken. After that, he decided to get his spot and commit. You have to realize a lot of these things are fluid and can change real quick. At the end of the day, these players make decisions that will impact their lives and their future. Another thing could be he was looking around before he decommited and decided that if Bama had a spot for him he would go there. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

He may not have known he was going to Alabama. Then, they probably gave him the talk about committing to them, or his spot would be taken. After that, he decided to get his spot and commit. You have to realize a lot of these things are fluid and can change real quick. At the end of the day, these players make decisions that will impact their lives and their future. Another thing could be he was looking around before he decommited and decided that if Bama had a spot for him he would go there. 

I'm not mad that he is going to Alabama or that he made the best decision for himself but he decommitted yesterday or Friday and the published piece comes out that he is going to focus on 3 teams moving forward that's the issue I have.  So that piece comes out on Saturday by Sunday he goes and commits to Alabama.  All I'm saying is that he had to know or that he wasn't really looking at 3 schools when he made that decision to decommit.  The bold I'd highlighted it, if that's the case say that then and don't beat around the bush.  

• Mavric changed the title to LB Justin Okoronkwo [Alabama Commit]

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Alabama has 3 of the most talented recruiting classes ever put together on paper on their roster. I’m not ready to hand over the torch quite yet. 

It is interesting because UGA won two in a row with a QB they did not want, that they did not offer and that they did not start until an injury.  

And face it, OSU had them beat in the playoff.

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It is interesting because UGA won two in a row with a QB they did not want, that they did not offer and that they did not start until an injury.  

And face it, OSU had them beat in the playoff.

On the flip side they have busted hard with any QB who was rated highly. And yes OSU was a freak injury to Marvin Jr from a title. After a lot of their own players getting hurt as well. 

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, Decked said:

On the flip side they have busted hard with any QB who was rated highly. And yes OSU was a freak injury to Marvin Jr from a title. After a lot of their own players getting hurt as well. 

And morale was the lowest its been at OSU in sometime after that Michigan loss. IIRC some of their fans wanted Day gone. Just goes to show you things in college football can change from week to week

10 hours ago, Decked said:

Kirby owes everything to that walk on kid.  Which is why he basically let him skip all his classes, fail all his classes and just d!(k around.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

probably get a 4th * soon.  I don't think Alabama is allowed to have 3*'s on their roster 

I know it’s a joke but given Saban’s success that’s probably pretty accurate as to how it should work 

21 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I'm not mad that he is going to Alabama or that he made the best decision for himself but he decommitted yesterday or Friday and the published piece comes out that he is going to focus on 3 teams moving forward that's the issue I have.  So that piece comes out on Saturday by Sunday he goes and commits to Alabama.  All I'm saying is that he had to know or that he wasn't really looking at 3 schools when he made that decision to decommit.  The bold I'd highlighted it, if that's the case say that then and don't beat around the bush.  

It could be true he had a top three. Once he released it Bama could have told him to commit by a certain time or his spot would be taken. Since Bama is an elite school that is tough to turn down he decided to commit. It doesn't matter he focused on three teams and decided to commit. It really has nothing to do with any of us. This player got a very rare opportunity and took it. Good for him. Nebraska will have to recruit a different LB. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

It could be true he had a top three. Once he released it Bama could have told him to commit by a certain time or his spot would be taken. Since Bama is an elite school that is tough to turn down he decided to commit. It doesn't matter he focused on three teams and decided to commit. It really has nothing to do with any of us. This player got a very rare opportunity and took it. Good for him. Nebraska will have to recruit a different LB. 

So, he's holding a place there until he decides to commit to Nebraska.

:cheers

• Haha 2
  • Mavric changed the title to LB Justin Okoronkwo [Alabama - Signed LOI]