2023 Fall Camp

58 minutes ago, lo country said:

Maybe it's just me, but I liked that the "team building" and "camaraderie" in the off season was driven by the staff and players and not some outside company.  IMHO, it makes the process more organic as it's driven by those having to play with and for each other.  More internal accountability.

This is going to be the difference. Xs an Os are important, but what you talked about is what has been missing  a while.

2 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This is going to be the difference. Xs an Os are important, but what you talked about is what has been missing  a while.

Rhule brings up the Iowa game to the players a lot. Some of that is it was the last game. Some of it is because it was probably the most significant win in a long time. A lot of it is because of what you guys are talking about. (Notice how often he's pairing offense and defenses together in the dorms, probably not a coincidence.)

There are times in a game that if you make a play you greatly increase your chances of winning. Sometimes that's late in the game, sometimes it is early in the game. Against Iowa it was early.

Got that fumble in the 2nd Quarter already up 10-0. Punched it in to go up 17-0, which is a huge score against that particular opponent. But the next Iowa drive they went 3 and out and on that drive Nebraska played as fast and aggressive as they had in years.

That's what Rhule's teams at Baylor and Temple did well. They didn't often blow teams out and they didn't put up gaudy stats, but they more often than not won these little stretches that decide winning and losing.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok, I’m confused. It’s 6:30am on 8/5 and the guide says this show is on now….but it’s not. 

And, if I go to 11:00am, it doesn’t show it scheduled. 

The schedule was changed as they are having special coverage of the Oregon and Washington adds