What has changed?

Tvr

I think we have to at least consider that Nebraska is full of losers.  Only a state packed with losers who deserve nothing good could produce a football team that seems to wait until the last minute to pull out its biggest losing moves.  

Ball security the only issue that can sink you?  Run Grant.

Sitting at 87 percent to beat Northwestern?  Only an onside kick can save this from inevitable victory.

Have Iowa beat?  Throw in the towel, it's as good as over.

I have to admit that since I live in Lincoln and root for the Huskers, I am part of the problem.  I'm a loser just like the players, the coaches, the Starbucks Baristas, the executives at Molex, the contractor building apartments off Old Cheney, everyone at the grocery store- all losers.  So is everyone reading this unless you root for Iowa and are here to gloat.  Then you're just an a**

• Haha 1

Nebraska is probably slightly better defensively than 2022 which is good. Minnesota has good receivers, probably the best in the B1G West and we took away the running game completely. They'll keep us in games. 

On offense, the team is signifactly worse. With no Palmer to bail them out and a lack of other receivers and a QB that seems to struggle in the passing game, Nebraska will like be a less dynamic and more turnover prone offense than 2022. It's hard to overstate how bad the offense was tonight, especially the pass game. It was brutal outside of the broken play. The run game at RB is below average, and the only reliable offense is QB runs. We're essentially the 2021 AMart offense but much worse. 

• Plus1 8
12 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Nebraska is probably slightly better defensively than 2022 which is good. Minnesota has good receivers, probably the best in the B1G West and we took away the running game completely. They'll keep us in games. 

On offense, the team is signifactly worse. With no Palmer to bail them out and a lack of other receivers and a QB that seems to struggle in the pushing game, Nebraska will like be a less dynamic and more turnover prone offense than 2022. It's hard to overstate how bad the offense was tonight, especially the pass game. It was brutal outside of the broken play. The run game at RB is below average, and the only reliable offense is QB runs. We're especially the 2021 AMart offense but much worse. 

Maybe we should run the option

• TBH 1

The concerning thing for me about Sims is that he just looks very indecisive and/or timid when dropping back to pass.  He stares down his primary target hoping that he comes open.  I never once saw him scan the field for second or check down options.  Only game 1 I know.  Defense looked much improved.  I was nervous about the 3-3-5 working in the B1G but they looked to hold their own especially when it mattered most.  Only game 1 I know.  Now lets go kick Colorado's a**!

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

On offense, the team is signifactly worse. With no Palmer to bail them out and a lack of other receivers and a QB that seems to struggle in the passing game, Nebraska will like be a less dynamic and more turnover prone offense than 2022. It's hard to overstate how bad the offense was tonight, especially the pass game. It was brutal outside of the broken play. The run game at RB is below average, and the only reliable offense is QB runs. We're essentially the 2021 AMart offense but much worse. 

You are way to kind.  I was hoping he would just run at the end of the game since his arm was\is a liability.

1 hour ago, Scofrosghost said:

Nothing, it’s like watching a worse 2022 team.

AGAIN the defense holds an opponent under 20 points. AGAIN our limp d!(k offense can’t score enough to win a game that was VERY much within reach. 

With Sims at QB and no good backups, we may be worse than last season overall. We'll obviously know more in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, huskernation20 said:

The concerning thing for me about Sims is that he just looks very indecisive and/or timid when dropping back to pass.  He stares down his primary target hoping that he comes open.  I never once saw him scan the field for second or check down options.  Only game 1 I know.  Defense looked much improved.  I was nervous about the 3-3-5 working in the B1G but they looked to hold their own especially when it mattered most.  Only game 1 I know.  Now lets go kick Colorado's a**!

He's a garbage QB.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not sure how much change people were expecting in one game. I thought the defense and special teams showed some good things. The offense was a struggle, but so was last year if NU wasn’t hitting deep passes to Palmer. The change and improvement is a process, not a snap of the fingers. 

I'll be the first to look like the donkey and say I expected improvement in the areas Rhule specifically called out as areas of focus: redzone offense and critical penalties/turnovers. Not only were things not better, but appeared to be even worse. 

After 1 game, i'm not indicting Rhule or the rest of the staff, nor has my faith been shaken long term. But last night was a bad look for those areas. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1