What has changed?

Tvr

10 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think HC Matt Rhule said the IGC got hurt so that's why the passing game was off I tend to think that we don't truly have any great receivers on the team rn or Garrett McGuire should be a intern somewhere bc he clearly hasn't developed any of them during the off-season well maybe the exception is Bullocks.  

Fans greatly over estimate the coaching "development" of players. The reality is that McGuire inherited a WR that is completely devoid of talent. The players lack size, speed, and the ability to generate separation.

It's going to take the team a few seasons to fix the issues.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Fans greatly over estimate the coaching "development" of players. The reality is that McGuire inherited a WR that is completely devoid of talent. The players lack size, speed, and the ability to generate separation.

It's going to take the team a few seasons to fix the issues.

The sad part is we don't have time for a few seasons.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
25 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

The sad part is we don't have time for a few seasons.

The concern is that with expansion, improvement may come but the schedule difficulty will happen faster. Swapping out games with Purdue for USC, Washington and Oregon will cause problems. My opinion on the recruiting is that it's not good enough for the new B1G Nebraska will be facing. 

That isn't too day bowl games are unreachable, just that Nebraska fans need to adjust to the new reality that Nebraska is probably a 7-5 team in the future.

39 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That’s not your decision to make. 

As a fan yes it is.  You honestly think that fans are ok with how the product looked vs Minnesota?  I understand that things take time to develop but as more teams come into the conference we are going to fall further down the totem pole.  I think in today's age it's a win now mentality with how much money is being produced and thrown at coaches.  Husker fans aren't happy with the first game of the Matt Rhule era, and you and I know that if they play like they did for 11 more then good luck to him and the staff.  Tired of crucial mistakes, tired of having no o-line that can generate push and protection and tired of the defense keeping us in the game but can't stop the train from rolling down hill.  All those things are what the people of Nebraska want to stop happening and aren't getting while Colorado who put on 45 points against TCU and certain people trolled Deion for his tactics and character have them winning. No one is going to laugh at Deion when he beats us next week.  

Nothing changed really…we still excel at findings ways to lose a win in the last 3 minutes when we can simply take control and finish the game. It is amazing how three different coaches over the past year managed to do the same exact thing. I believe there are higher mystical powers at play here. We have upset the football Gods. 

22 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Nothing changed really…we still excel at findings ways to lose a win in the last 3 minutes when we can simply take control and finish the game. It is amazing how three different coaches over the past year managed to do the same exact thing. I believe there are higher mystical powers at play here. We have upset the football Gods. 

Fired 9 win coaches. We f'd around and found out.

• TBH 1