Do you think gamecock fans were correct about Marcus Satterfield?

Were gamecock fans correct about Satterfield?   

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

To make matters worse, we’re paying Satt a top 5 OC Salary, 1.4 Mil. Really hope we’re not just paying Rhule’s buddies. 1.4 mil could have bought us a hell of an up and coming OC. 

You're joking, right? Of course we're "paying Rhule's buddies", just like we paid Frost's buddies, and just like we paid Riley's buddies. Other than his brother, Pelini didn't have any buddies, so we just went out and hired the best coaches we could find - same with Calahan.

At this point, my gut tells me Rhule will be a slightly above .500 coach here before he's fired in 6-7 years. Better than Frost, I suppose. Until the product on the field proves my thoughts otherwise, I'm sticking with my gut feelings.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2

I'm disappointed in the clock management aspect. I was hoping they were past that or at least better than that once this new staff started. But nope, just as bad. Usng up 2 timeouts in the 2nd half early comes to mind. Need to hole onto those with under 2 minutes. That 3 and out drive in the 4th comes to mind. The other is the last O drive where Simms threw his INT to pretty much lose the game. No need to hurry or throw. Same old same old.

33 minutes ago, HuskerX said:

Other than his brother, Pelini didn't have any buddies, so we just went out and hired the best coaches we could find - same with Calahan

LOL. All coached hire their buddies.

Off the top of my head, Ekeler and Papuchis were GAs/interns at LSU when Bo was there.  Beck went to Cardinal Mooney with the Pelinis.

Callahan hired his longtime friend Cosgrove to run the D (the coached together at Wisconin in the early 90s).  And also brought Jay Norvell and Randy Jordan (both with little to no college experience) from Oakland with him.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

LOL. All coached hire their buddies.

Off the top of my head, Ekeler and Papuchis were GAs/interns at LSU when Bo was there.  Beck went to Cardinal Mooney with the Pelinis.

Callahan hired his longtime friend Cosgrove to run the D (the coached together at Wisconin in the early 90s).  And also brought Jay Norvell and Randy Jordan (both with little to no college experience) from Oakland with him.

In an alternate reality, I wonder who Urban Meyer would have brought here.

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1

Lot of fans blaming coaching on the 3 and out in the 4th quarter.  1st and 2nd down were RPO options, just like a LOT of other plays in the game where we ran the ball.  Sims made the right decision on both of the plays as wide receivers were wide open.  If Sims hits on either play, the play calling would have looked great.  

• TBH 2
14 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Lot of fans blaming coaching on the 3 and out in the 4th quarter.  1st and 2nd down were RPO options, just like a LOT of other plays in the game where we ran the ball.  Sims made the right decision on both of the plays as wide receivers were wide open.  If Sims hits on either play, the play calling would have looked great.  

Of if (I think) Tommi Hill actually adjusts to and comes back to the ball instead of continuing to run deep as the ball lands 7 feet short of him.

2 hours ago, HuskerX said:

Other than his brother, Pelini didn't have any buddies, so we just went out and hired the best coaches we could find - same with Calahan.

KingBlank is that you?

So Tim Beck who is from Bo's hometown, Barney Cotton who was on staff with Bo in '03 and has hardly any P5 experience outside of Nebraska, Ron Brown who was on staff with Bo in '03, Mike Ekeler who was on Bo's previous staff as a GA and had never been a coach before, John Papuchis who was on Bo's previous staff as a GA and had never been a coach before, and Marvin Sanders who was under Bo in '03 and also had barely any P5 experience, weren't Bo's buddies and were the best coaches we could find?

• TBH 3

9 minutes ago, HuskerX said:

I didn’t, but most others seemed to.

I also mostly liked Bo, but I’m hesitant to admit that within this echo…”doh!”

Lol. I loved bo but he just couldn’t get out of his own way and it ran its course.

kinda like last nights game. I’m f’n pissed at how that turned out but I’m sure as hell not gonna let it define what this staff/team might be. 

• Plus1 1

Actually with no Wide Receiver play, will any plays being called work?  To be fair, we can not run past anyone with our wide outs.  Gimme a break, watching KU, they have 6-8 wide outs who would start for us right now.  Running backs at KU are maybe better.  We are still in the Frost era.  Until we get some actual Big 10 recruits that can do what Rhule and staff want, this is what we are going to see.  Simms is Jamal Lord.  Running QB, and thats it.  Try being an offensive Co with our roster currently.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1