Matt Rhule sucks

Husker816

I am definitely not throwing in the towel on Rhule yet. But I do think he should take a hefty amount of blame for all of the issues we have with Sims. If I understand correctly, Sims was HIS guy. Even the announcers during today’s game said something like “you can’t predict/prepare for these mistakes from Sims.”

I believe Sims was already leading the NCAA (or at least the big10) in turnovers before coming to NE. So really… this was extremely predictable. It’s actually EXACTLY what should have been expected, based on his history. 

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, mwj98 said:

I know Deion will look like a genius. But what he has done is not sustainable. It was a quick fix, he isn’t building a program. I see this team imploding once the hype slows down and I am not hating on them at all. I saw too many little things that made me head tilt. 

Be sure to reference this post because you heard it here first. 

Agreed. My guess is they probably end up in the 6 or 7 win range. Which certainly is t bad after taking over 1-11. But watch the first half and early second half of that game and I don’t think there is any question that not only were we hanging with them, we were better. They will face a lot better teams then us this year. Any teams with good O and D lines will neutralize them IMO. 

• Plus1 3
10 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Isn’t it the OC’s job to make the QB into a good player? 

This why message boards exist.  For people that you.

Thats all you gotta do.  Make him a better player.  More “don’t fumble the basic snap drills”.  Maybe sprinkle in a “Hey don’t throw it to the other team session”.

The flaw is they brought in the wrong guy, not that they can’t coach him.

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

We'll agree to disagree.  Casey is a much better QB than Simms.  Even with a bad line, I think UNL is probably 2-0 with Casey back there.  

We 100% win Minny game and I think the CU game is a tossup if Casey was QB. I’ve never seen anyone as bad as Sims through two games. Not just the shear volume of TO but when and where they occur. He is a total disaster. I’m all for just starting HH and hoping for the best at this point. 

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

We 100% win Minny game and I think the CU game is a tossup if Casey was QB. I’ve never seen anyone as bad as Sims through two games. Not just the shear volume of TO but when and where they occur. He is a total disaster. I’m all for just starting HH and hoping for the best at this point. 

Not only does Simms seem to lack basic QB skills, he does not command the field or control and direct on field personnel..

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This why message boards exist.  For people that you.

Thats all you gotta do.  Make him a better player.  More “don’t fumble the basic snap drills”.  Maybe sprinkle in a “Hey don’t throw it to the other team session”.

The flaw is they brought in the wrong guy, not that they can’t coach 

Starting with “for people that you “, your post makes little sense.  

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Sickntiredhusker said:

Can someone tell me why I should have any hope for this program. I am starting to lean towards disbanding football all together!  Please give me hope again

Change is constant. There's hope in that. Maybe temper expectations and put more trust in the process. That's easier said than done I know...

There's a couple question I sometimes ask myself. What is something that seems impossible? And what would make it possible? We really don't have any control what happens in a game or with a team. But we can apply that to our lives. Focus on those things and observe that happenings with the team less attached to the outcomes.

That's probably not an answer that you wanted to hear. There are things that would cause us to improve but as with causes they often don't happen on a time frame we'd prefer. 

31 minutes ago, Sickntiredhusker said:

Can someone tell me why I should have any hope for this program. I am starting to lean towards disbanding football all together!  Please give me hope again

Ok for a more serious reply than my last. I said this yesterday. I have mixed feelings. I think the team as a whole plays harder than I’ve seen in a while. The Defense is much improved. Special teams not a total dumpster fire anymore. I even see Oline improvement. Look at our ground numbers through two games. Rhule isn’t making excuses and throwing players under the bus like Frost.He sat at that presser yesterday and put the turnovers on himself. I think the kids want to play hard for him. These are all positives. The team is realistically a QB short of being a bowl team this year. The results may be the same but progress is being made IMO. I’m not giving up on Rhule yet. He inherited an ungodly mess and in a lot of areas has already fix things. Unfortunately his one big  mistake was going all in on Sims and that’s going to cost him this year. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1