Matt Rhule sucks

Husker816

I know Deion will look like a genius. But what he has done is not sustainable. It was a quick fix, he isn’t building a program. I see this team imploding once the hype slows down and I am not hating on them at all. I saw too many little things that made me head tilt. 

Be sure to reference this post because you heard it here first. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

He's recruited 52 High School players and only 10 are 4*s. The QB of the future isn't currently on the roster. The influx of talent isn't there. 

It's an absolutely massive failure, and this with the easiest schedule Nebraska will have for the foreseeable future.

Rhule is not going to build rosters with an overwhelming amount of high starred players. It's just not how he does it, but the last part is very accurate. And this is something that has evolved after he was hired. He needs to evolve, too. 

54 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This is my take. D has improved.  ST has improved.  The O needs a lot of work. Saterfield may not be the right guy as OC. Sims is a miss. 

Exactly. Sims is a miss. The guy does have some talent but clearly can’t be coached out of pissing down his leg in games. Was worth a shot in year one but would probably move on now with an eye toward the future. Defense is much better for sure. ST meh not sure. Coverage is better but still need to make 45 yarders. But I’m not giving up on Rhule yet. As far as comparing him to Deion, I’m not saying s#!t after two games. Nebraska owned the CU offensive line and covered those receivers perfectly until incessant turnovers and the incompetence of Sims kept them on the field to the point where any team would wear down. Anyone who can’t see this is willfully stupid. There will be a lot of money to be made betting against CU this year

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 2
31 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

I know Deion will look like a genius. But what he has done is not sustainable. It was a quick fix, he isn’t building a program. I see this team imploding once the hype slows down and I am not hating on them at all. I saw too many little things that made me head tilt. 

I had the exact same feeling. There were some odd player interactions at times for CU. The second these guys face real adversity they're going to turn on each other. Also, how many teams with a gimmick like a turnover chain or thrown compete for champions?

19 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Exactly. Sims is a miss. The guy does have some talent but clearly can’t be coached out of pissing down his leg in games. Was worth a shot in year one but would probably move on now with an eye toward the future. Defense is much better for sure. ST meh not sure. Coverage is better but still need to make 45 yarders. But I’m not giving up on Rhule yet. As far as comparing him to Deion, I’m not saying s#!t after two games. Nebraska owned the CU offensive line and covered those receivers perfectly until incessant turnovers and the incompetence of Sims kept them on the field to the point where any team would wear down. Anyone who can’t see this is willfully stupid. There will be a lot of money to be made betting against CU this year

Sir, this is Big Red Overreaction, not Big Red Logic and Reason.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

Deion knows his son can win games so I’ll be curious how he does after his son finishes.  Will he ride off once his son is gone?  He can get players and they can compete in the Big 12 going forward.  No OU and no TX.  Hell attract those players that want to put up stats.  Be interesting to see what he does on defense. He shouldn’t have trouble getting some DB’s.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Deion knows his son can win games so I’ll be curious how he does after his son finishes.  Will he ride off once his son is gone?  He can get players and they can compete in the Big 12 going forward.  No OU and no TX.  Hell attract those players that want to put up stats.  Be interesting to see what he does on defense. He shouldn’t have trouble getting some DB’s.

I wouldn't be shocked if he left Colorado after this year or next year. Son could get drafted after this year. Some bigger school will probably throw a major bag at him.

• TBH 1

It’s completely reasonable to say the honeymoon is over. It’d be one thing if the team got beat by just being outtalented, frankly the last quarter was that and I could have lived with that.

The issue is that for 20 years we’ve been dealing with the absolute garbage mental stuff. Turnovers, penalties. When is the last time this team had a game where you could say they were clutch? Michigan State like 7-8 years ago?

The mental stuff should be fixed like day one. Talent is one thing. But to see the same bonehead stuff, and worse to keep a QB in who clearly needs benched (and frankly just cut) is inexcusable, at any season.

• Plus1 1