What did we learn? Colorado edition

16 hours ago, C-4 said:

Is this even a viable option in 2023? So many of our (and every college's) freshman will transfer at some point. So many will not develop. By the time said freshman make their mark down the road, we'll already have been decimated on the field due to not bringing in quick starters that the future recruiting classes will just get worse.

This is the big danger. The landscape is so different now you almost have to do what Sanders did. Kids have no patience for losing or not playing anymore. 

I'm not angry over the outcome of this game like Minnesota. Mostly I'm just deeply disappointed. I haven't given up on Jeff Sims though if Casey Thompson were here, we probably win at least one of those games.

Coach Rhule might've underestimated what he was up against with respect to improving Jeff's play. The important thing is that a correction is made. He's said that he'll do it. Unfortunately, I don't know that our other options would've changed the outcomes. 

Tough times! Tough times indeed...

As for what I learned, not much really. The defense again played pretty much lights out. How much more can one expect of them given how horrible the offense is performing. Their well is going to take even longer than I envisioned. And finally, to pay less attention to coach Sanders. He's an embodiment of narcissism and whatever thoughts I had of him being ethical given his statements of principal was clearly wrong. 

12 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I'm not angry over the outcome of this game like Minnesota. Mostly I'm just deeply disappointed. I haven't given up on Jeff Sims though if Casey Thompson were here, we probably win at least one of those games.

Coach Rhule might've underestimated what he was up against with respect to improving Jeff's play. The important thing is that a correction is made. He's said that he'll do it. Unfortunately, I don't know that our other options would've changed the outcomes. 

Tough times! Tough times indeed...

As for what I learned, not much really. The defense again played pretty much lights out. How much more can one expect of them given how horrible the offense is performing. Their well is going to take even longer than I envisioned. And finally, to pay less attention to coach Sanders. He's an embodiment of narcissism and whatever thoughts I had of him being ethical given his statements of principal was clearly wrong. 

Easily 2-0 with Casey Thompson. The final 2/3 final td’s came at the expense of defense having to sellout for a big play - sack/scoop/score - because the offense wasn’t going to get NU back in the game. 

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, Savage Husker said:

Easily 2-0 with Casey Thompson. The final 2/3 final td’s came at the expense of defense having to sellout for a big play - sack/scoop/score - because the offense wasn’t going to get NU back in the game. 

I didn’t like the all out blitz on third and 10+ when we were still in the game though. That play broke us IMO. We showed all day we could cover their guys. Not sure why that call at that moment

1 minute ago, Savage Husker said:

Casey was a leader. And he made the most out of bad situations. Right out of the gate actually in our first game last year. We desperately need to get our quarterbacking right. 

• TBH 1

The staff decided to really give Ervin a shot and he was the leading rusher both in number of carries and in rushing yards:

CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
17 74 4.4 0 26

This is at least promising. A 4.4 YPC average is pretty decent. And we had 222 rushing yards as a team.

But it's almost not even worth analyzing our strategy or our X's & O's because we just wind up with so many dumb mistakes on offense to flush the game down the drain. I am pumped though for Fidone to have gotten a touchdown, guy has worked so hard for that.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Ethan Piper should be benched.  He kills drives almost as effectively as Sims does.  

Wasn't he also one of the kids touted by the coaches, and his peers, as a leader?

What kind of team do we have that the players called Captains, single digit'ers etc are some of the ones who cannot produce on the field?

• TBH 2
3 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Wasn't he also one of the kids touted by the coaches, and his peers, as a leader?

What kind of team do we have that the players called Captains, single digit'ers etc are some of the ones who cannot produce on the field?

I'm pretty sure Nouilli replaced him under Frost because he had the same issue.  He may be a leader and good teammate but he false starts like it's his job