Lord of the Rings Movies vs Books. A difference in two tales.

• Stone Cold changed the title to Lord of the Rings Movies vs Books. A difference in two tales.
  • 3 months later...

On 9/25/2023 at 7:03 PM, LennynSquiggy said:

Amazon should have named it something else because the "series" is so far off from the books that it might as well be a different story. These aren't just minor differences either, these are major departures from the books.

I disagree.

I don't like Peter Jackson movies.  He bores me.  The changes to suit his film.  And the original post said it best:

These major differences are as follows—1. differences in form; this includes changes made to the story by deleting or adding parts or spreading ideas over a long period of time, and 2. differences in substance, which included changing actual ideas and people in the story to suit the film. Some such changes include the changing of almost all the characters and changing events to reach the same outcome as the book.

The book was amazing.  I love books by J.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis.  

It's been decades, but I am curious to pick it up and read it again, but I am more so thinking about the lion the witch and the wardrobe.  

• Plus1 1