What did we learn Michigan Game

14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well stated.  It’s one of two scenarios and both certainly would be weird.  

Either his HS coach, Scott Frost, Harry Potter dude, Whipple, and now Rhule/Satterfield said things are fine, he’s good with the side arm action as 6’5” QB or they tried to get him to change and HH either can’t or won’t.   10% batted down rate is beyond terrible which is where HH is sitting at now.  

I tend to think that when past coaches tried to change HH’s throwing motion, it was ineffective and that if he was throwing the ball with a “correct arm motion” there wasn’t the same velocity or accuracy with the ball. That’s why HH still has the sidearm delivery. While not ideal, it has done well enough for him to get where he is now.  I think the Haarberg experiment at QB is going to be for this year only. Sims may take over the job when he gets back to 100% and perform well enough to retain the job. Rhule and Satt will need to bring in a transfer QB in the offseason. 

13 minutes ago, Undone said:

Do our fans think that we not stretching the limits of NIL rules to pay players?

I keep seeing this recurring theme that the answer is to "oP3n Up teH cHEcKb00kS." Like, we're not doing that already?

Exactly. I’m sure Nebraska is already doing everything they have the resources to do for NIL. It does get old seeing that from so many. I suppose it’s a natural assumption with no critical thought applied, based on results, that we must be holding back somehow.

22 minutes ago, Undone said:

Do our fans think that we not stretching the limits of NIL rules to pay players?

I keep seeing this recurring theme that the answer is to "oP3n Up teH cHEcKb00kS." Like, we're not doing that already?

Prove to me that it's actually happening.  People keep saying what you're saying also, without anything to back it up.

I 100% think we're not doing EVERYTHING that we can.  I fully think this is a half a$$ed effort.

Show me numbers and I'll shut up and color.

• TBH 2
11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Prove to me that it's actually happening.  People keep saying what you're saying also, without anything to back it up.

I 100% think we're not doing EVERYTHING that we can.  I fully think this is a half a$$ed effort.

I think I heard it from a podcast this week (Calahan maybe?), but we are paying around 100 fb players NIL deals. The “top players” are getting $200k-$300k, and a healthy amount are around $100k.  The bottom 1/3 or so are getting $20k.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You know that I can't prove anything to you.

I actually think that the assumption is that a team can basically pay a player any amount. I'm not sure that's really how it works.

• Plus1 4

Ok, back to this season of football though.

The season basically starts this week against Illinois. We need 4 out of these last 7 to make a bowl. No, we're not going to win the West, but if we make a bowl it's the best season in 6 years.

My thing with our offensive strategy is, sure, line up in 22 personnel in the first quarter and see if we can move the chains. But if it doesn't work, I just really hope that Rhule can dial up some semblance of creativity.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

And if anyone thinks our NIL $s aren’t enough, feel to chip in

https://www.1890nebraska.com/membership-options/

I am not a donor at NU in any way, shape, or form, but I do find it interesting when people do complain and whine about the money being spent, when they donate zero dollars themselves. If they want a say in what the $ gets spent on, open up their checkbook. 

7 minutes ago, Undone said:

Ok, back to this season of football though.

The season basically starts this week against Illinois. We need 4 out of these last 7 to make a bowl. No, we're not going to win the West, but if we make a bowl it's the best season in 6 years.

My thing with our offensive strategy is, sure, line up in 22 personnel in the first quarter and see if we can move the chains. But if it doesn't work, I just really hope that Rhule can dial up some semblance of creativity.

We play 4 bad teams in a row.  All are winnable. And all are losable.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
21 minutes ago, Undone said:

You know that I can't prove anything to you.

I actually think that the assumption is that a team can basically pay a player any amount. I'm not sure that's really how it works.

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Shown him their W2s you coward!

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am not a donor at NU in any way, shape, or form, but I do find it interesting when people do complain and whine about the money being spent, when they donate zero dollars themselves. If they want a say in what the $ gets spent on, open up their checkbook. 

Ha! That's what I'm entitled to do, spout my opinion about this as I choose.  I'm also entitled to donate, or not donate, as I choose.  I also am not financially able to make a dent in anything here.   Mostly I just know this is our opportunity to level the playing field when we're at a severe disadvantage with recruiting, and I'm frustrated it isn't paying large dividends yet.  I want to win, and we continue to not, so I vent.  That is all, carry on.

• Thanks 1