What did we learn Michigan Game

Didn't see this one yet. So the obligatory "what did we learn" thread.  

The good:

Really didn't see anything that impressed me to even comment on tbh. Maybe Fleeks saving the shutout against Michigan fans called down from the stands.

The bad:

We are who we are.  OL is going to get a static QB killed.

No deep receiver threat.

No QB that can really throw a consistent ball.

ST stepping back wards.

Injuries continue to pile up.

Unsure if we can go bowling.  With injuries, play calling, OL, wouldn't be surprised to be dogs in our next 7 games.

Rhule needs to embrace NIL and fast.  

• Plus1 9

Believe it or not there was some good. We were beaten pretty much across the board however at most positions we were not completely out matched outside of about 3 or 4 positions that are complete black holes. That’s not going to cut vs a top 5 team, but this is probably the least talented team Nebraska has ever had in our lifetime and Rhule to even be 2 and 2 coming into this game is pretty good

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
7 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Believe it or not there was some good. We were beaten pretty much across the board however at most positions we were not completely out matched outside of about 3 or 4 positions that are complete black holes. That’s not going to cut vs a top 5 team, but this is probably the least talented team Nebraska has ever had in our lifetime and Rhule to even be 2 and 2 coming into this game is pretty good

Honest question as I am trying to see optimism in the future.  Our OL is all underclassmen.  Still no burners at receiver.  Maybe Coleman comes on?  Maybe the T-Bird Trio brings the sauce.  Just unsure how we improve next year with the same OL.  New coach wouldn't hurt.  D could be improved though.  

17 minutes ago, lo country said:

Honest question as I am trying to see optimism in the future.  Our OL is all underclassmen.  Still no burners at receiver.  Maybe Coleman comes on?  Maybe the T-Bird Trio brings the sauce.  Just unsure how we improve next year with the same OL.  New coach wouldn't hurt.  D could be improved though.  

Idk

I think we're playing better than we did last year and while that's not saying a whole lot, it's still encouraging to see. If I heard them right, the announcers said we had the number 1 rush defense in the conference. Compared to last year, that's huge.

How many of us thought we actually had a chance vs Michigan? I didn't and I optimistically voted for 10 wins.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

This game was a painful reminder of how far away we are right now talent-wise.  Our defense is supposed to be our strong suit right now, and Michigan played like they weren't even on the field for most of the game.  

That’s what happens when u have a NFL Oline vs 3 man rush. I don’t care if Hutch was undefeated in wrestling in highschool. 

side note i like our chances the rest of the way. We won’t face a defense like, well a team like Michigan the rest of the way. 

47 minutes ago, lo country said:

If I have to see Corcoran, benhardt and piper play next year I give up. Surely we see some of the freshman recruits from this year challenge for playing time….. when tf do these clowns graduate dammit lol

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
57 minutes ago, lo country said:

One positive is that we don't face another playoff contender this season. Though we didn't really do anything to suggest we are even a .500 club, most of the schedule the rest of the way looks fairly mediocre. So long as the team doesn't quit on each other, we should have a decent chance to win each game left on the docket. A win this Friday could do wonders for how the rest of the season goes.

-- Edit: By decent chance, I mean that no game is clearly a Loss already. 

Also learned that Prochaska needs a lot of improvement and that Corcoran may in fact be the best LT we have available. That Walter Rouse change of heart has turned out to be a much bigger deal than I expected. 

• Fire 2
7 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

One positive is that we don't face another playoff contender this season. Though we didn't really do anything to suggest we are even a .500 club, most of the schedule the rest of the way looks fairly mediocre. So long as the team doesn't quit on each other, we should have a decent chance to win each game left on the docket. A win this Friday could do wonders for how the rest of the season goes.

-- Edit: By decent chance, I mean that no game is clearly a Loss already. 

Also learned that Prochaska needs a lot of improvement and that Corcoran may in fact be the best LT we have available. That Walter Rouse change of heart has turned out to be a much bigger deal than I expected. 

Yeah I think we are statistically the worst team in cfb p 5 schools at the lt position. We got 3 or 4 positions like that. We aren’t going to be competitive until we fix that luckily all we need to do is find a player with p5 talent to fill those positions.