The Hunt for Red October

knapplc

On 10/23/2023 at 5:08 PM, Heretic Husker said:

yes they seem to be bad, but they have put up more points than we have, and they appear to have at least 3 sacks per game combined with another 3 TFL, so their defense could cause us to win with less than 2 TD's

I'll be surprised if the over/under is more than about 28

well color me wrong, and surprised - my over under was wrong, my prediction that they'd win was wrong, and my "less than 2 TD's" was wrong- trifecta I'd say, so that's generally not a bad thing- think consistency - good right?

5 wins 3 losses.  3 wins 0 losses in October.  One more win to qualify bowl eligible !

Six consecutive years no bowl streak WILL BE BROKEN :thumbs

QoRcwum.png

Z6iR8IO.png

Four games left in regular schedule .... @MSU, hosting Terps, @BADgers and hosting Ditch Chickens.  Michigan State, last place in East race ... 2 wins & 4 losses overall ... zero wins in B1G foes.

Next game, Huskers(-3.5) at Spartans (OddsShark spread).  In East Lansing 11/4 forecast, warmer than Purdue/Husker game. 54 degrees and 10-15 mph winds.

• Oh Yeah! 1

Here's how my wife and my hunt for Red October went.

Oct 6 - East Lansing - Volleyball win 3-1

Oct 7 - Ann Arbor - Volleyball win 3-0

Oct 28 - Lincoln - Football win over Purdue 31-14

Oct 28 - Lincoln - Volleyball win over Whiskey 3-2

So we've got 4 wins in 4 weeks in 4 stadiums. We've got ticket to the MSU game, our streak is gonna be 5-5-5 after Saturday.

Things fell into place for us, we've been able to go to more Husker sports this month than any year since leaving Lincoln, 1997.

• Oh Yeah! 6
1 hour ago, Gage County said:

Here's how my wife and my hunt for Red October went.

Oct 6 - East Lansing - Volleyball win 3-1

Oct 7 - Ann Arbor - Volleyball win 3-0

Oct 28 - Lincoln - Football win over Purdue 31-14

Oct 28 - Lincoln - Volleyball win over Whiskey 3-2

So we've got 4 wins in 4 weeks in 4 stadiums. We've got ticket to the MSU game, our streak is gonna be 5-5-5 after Saturday.

Things fell into place for us, we've been able to go to more Husker sports this month than any year since leaving Lincoln, 1997.

1997 you say? I think you need too move back to Lincoln.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 4
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Winner: 

We all know that Nebraska had a major rebuild in front of itself when hiring Matt Rhule and while the results on the field haven't always been magical like Husker fans hoped, there are signs of progress including three-straight conference wins to put the team in a three-way tie for first place in the West. The young talent is also beginning to thrive and the Huskers have some momentum heading into the latter part of the season.

October also brought a few new additions to the program with fast-rising Husker legacy 

announcing his decision to stay home along with three-star defensive end 

from Texas.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1