What players leave? 2023/24 version

4 minutes ago, Decked said:

Didn’t think Chief would be one of the guys to jump in the portal tbh 

Me neither. With all the recent praise, I expected a jump. I guess it’s a sign of quality depth on our defense. 

3 minutes ago, Kayvan said:

Me neither. With all the recent praise, I expected a jump. I guess it’s a sign of quality depth on our defense. 

I don’t think he was going to start. Probably wanted to play now. Have to think with his lack of stats he would be going to a non-power five school. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Decked said:

I don’t think he was going to start. Probably wanted to play now. Have to think with his lack of stats he would be going to a non-power five school. 

Just curious since it’s hard to keep track of the “Jack” LB depth. Who do we have? Jimari Butler?

3 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

Just curious since it’s hard to keep track of the “Jack” LB depth. Who do we have? Jimari Butler?

Seems like they move Butler, Umanmielen, & Sherman all over. Not sure position really matters anymore. 

• TBH 2

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It’s almost as if the coaches knew Borders was thinking of leaving and they talked him up in pressers to send a message.

Also figure we’ll see some DBs leave because we have 72 on scholarship.

Borders was noted to have made a significant jump by not just coaches. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean...dude as like 12 tackles in 2-3 years of FB.  

Had he been from Chico State no one would even care.

I mean yeah. He was always a developmental guy. 

I asked this in another thread, but is this the end of the second string? If you're any kind of player, or planning on any kind of college football future, are you willing to be second on the depth chart to start the season, or do you just say "eff-it, I'm outta here" until a team can, uhm "promise" you'll start? 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

I asked this in another thread, but is this the end of the second string? If you're any kind of player, or planning on any kind of college football future, are you willing to be second on the depth chart to start the season, or do you just say "eff-it, I'm outta here" until a team can, uhm "promise" you'll start? 

Sort of...I mean there will always be the starter and a backup.  

What it is probably more of is your developmental guys are no longer developing at your place...

Why sit at NU when you can start to Toledo and make some cash and transfer.  

I try to look at it if it was me or if it was a family member.  

Would I rather sit and maybe get paid "something" or leave, get paid more (hopefully) and play.

It is such an interesting situation because you get 5 years...and then it is gone, forever.  It is like a great sci-fi book...and the last chapter is 5 years from the start of the book and it is "your end".  

For me, I am a creature of habit and I hate moving/changing, I would 99% stay.  But I can see why others leave and you are kind of right, the 2nd stringer is sort of dying out.

• Plus1 2