JUCO WR Demond Demas

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Five-star in the class of 2020.  Had a decent freshman year at Texas A&M: 15 catches, 235 yards, 1 TD.

But then:

Former Texas A&M Aggies wide receiver Demond Demas has a new home with Garden City Community College for the 2023 season.

Demas sat out last season focusing on his legal troubles, which involved family violence assault charges, that led to him being suspended from the university and to his inevitable transfer

SI.com

23 catches for 269 yards and 1 TD in five games this year.

He was a spectator at one of the satellite camps Nebraska worked last summer.

We are his first offer this time around.  Also hearing from Louisville, Georgia Tech, Tennessee and others.

Sounds like he is just about done with his probation period.  He was never convicted of anything.  

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

He was a spectator at one of the satellite camps Nebraska worked last summer.

We are his first offer this time around.  Also hearing from Louisville, Georgia Tech, Tennessee and others.

Sounds like he is just about done with his probation period.  He was never convicted of anything.  

Can that be?  Probation without a conviction?  

Hope he doesn't''t make anymore Demas mistakes. 

• Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Can that be?  Probation without a conviction?  

Hope he doesn't''t make anymore Demas mistakes. 

He pled guilty in 2 different cases and then had a 3rd case dismissed.  Hard pass.

The former five-star recruit on July 6 pled guilty in Brazos County, Texas, to a third-degree felony charge of violating a bond and a protective order twice within a 12-month period, according to Brazos County Court Records. He also pled guilty to a class A misdemeanor charge of family violence assault that causes bodily injury. In total, Demas was sentenced to five years of probation with deferred adjudication.

Demas had also been charged with a third-degree felony of continuous violence against the family. That was dismissed.

https://247sports.com/article/former-texas-am-wr-demond-demas-enrolled-at-garden-city-after-resolving-legal-troubles-214320625/

• Plus1 1

I don't think I am in the minority here but I want the best talent NU can get.  I don't really care if they messed up in the past or if they mess up in the future.  As long as they are good for NU!

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He pled guilty in 2 different cases and then had a 3rd case dismissed.  Hard pass.

The former five-star recruit on July 6 pled guilty in Brazos County, Texas, to a third-degree felony charge of violating a bond and a protective order twice within a 12-month period, according to Brazos County Court Records. He also pled guilty to a class A misdemeanor charge of family violence assault that causes bodily injury. In total, Demas was sentenced to five years of probation with deferred adjudication.

Demas had also been charged with a third-degree felony of continuous violence against the family. That was dismissed.

https://247sports.com/article/former-texas-am-wr-demond-demas-enrolled-at-garden-city-after-resolving-legal-troubles-214320625/

Sounds like my family during Christmas. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3
18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't think I am in the minority here but I want the best talent NU can get.  I don't really care if they messed up in the past or if they mess up in the future.  As long as they are good for NU!

Sounds like my family during Christmas. 

Agreed. This is the Osborne way. 

• Thanks 3